Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annie Liebowitz ?

Re: Annie Liebowitz ?

yeah

I've heard all the assistant stories....I even knew an assistant who pretty much confirmed them

..and her covers are..well..covers... more to grab the eye and sell the rag then to be some photo landmark or something..she has to crank them out pretty regular remember

BUT.. sifting thru all that..she has a pretty solid body of work

to put it into rock n roll terms..she's like 'the Who'... lots of gems, but tons and tons of dogs

I find she is a very creative photographer and she is quite a big name in this game. I would also like to work with here, for 1-2 weeks. I know some story's from assis but maybe they are assholes. I do not believe what is some one telling I want it first hand!

Cheers Armin

I too am with John, for reasons not known to me she has published thousands of photos, some of them are bound to be good, however, I've been in the same room with her a couple of times, that alone would make me have a very negative outlook on her.

Lynn

My 5 Euro cents:

Take any very well known photographer and you will find people that don't like their photographs.
    I've never understood the greatness HCB for example.
    I'm quite sure there are loads of people that don't like Josef Sudek, Andreas Feininger and Tracey Moffatt (three of my favorites).

Adrian

The trip to Barnes and Noble is what fired me up on Annie Leibovitz (hey, I spelled her name correctly. Doc Klaus must be proud of me) There must be so many great photographers out in the world just dying to get a book done on their work. I would love to see new, fresh work to add to my photo library. Instead, we get the same old thing.

In my opinion her work is hit and miss. Some pictures are phenomenal and others are just ok.

If you fancy a good laugh look at the 2009 Lavazza calendar - "Annie Leibovitz interprets Italian style in seven photographs featuring some of the icons that best represent Italian culture". In September this means a naked girl in a bowl of spaghetti, and in January a model in a fur, posing as the wolf that breast fed Romulus and Remus and featuring the Colosseum hamfistedly photoshopped into the background. Two of the worst photographs I've ever seen by a big name.

http://www.lavazza.com/corporate/en/...dars/2009.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Key View Post
    If you fancy a good laugh look at the 2009 Lavazza calendar - "Annie Leibovitz interprets Italian style in seven photographs featuring some of the icons that best represent Italian culture". In September this means a naked girl in a bowl of spaghetti, and in January a model in a fur, posing as the wolf that breast fed Romulus and Remus and featuring the Colosseum hamfistedly photoshopped into the background. Two of the worst photographs I've ever seen by a big name.

http://www.lavazza.com/corporate/en/...dars/2009.html
    The spaghetti one is priceless!

--Darin

Those are considered to be photographs? I'm outta touch.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jarosz View Post
    Those are considered to be photographs? I'm outta touch.
    Me too. I think I'll stay that way....
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.