View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 244 of 299 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

I have read all of the commentary and feel that this project has great merit. There, I said it.

I think the instruction sheet is wonderful, and well thought out. I didn't have trouble reading it once I downloaded the PDF. I'll go back through it more carefully to see if I have any specific suggestions.

This is like the old Kodak data sheets that came with each roll of film which were basically a Photo I course on one sheet of paper. Unfortunately, they did away with them.

You could fill up the back side with a zone system tutorial and some ways of developing the film. :-)

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

The instruction sheet is nicely done. I find it very readable, and the layout and illustrations are excellent. As someone that does a lot of writing for my job--I appreciate it when information is presented clearly and concisely.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Oh, what about explaining how to set the close focusing point for the 65mm and when to use the shims? I just saw that you said the instructions are available on the website.

I printed the instruction sheet and had no problem reading it. Very well done.

I would suggest putting the instructions for the 65 helical on the opposite side.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

TO: Jack@stafford.net

I have read this entire thread and frankly I see no merit whatsoever in the project.
    So it is said, and I ignore.

That's OK. We appreciate your opting out of the program. Somebody already bought yours and others were lined up to do so.

There may be a fairly full queue already for the next 250, so we are not missing your participation, in the least.

Ben, it's fine once printed, and the PDF is easy to read on both iPhone and iPad.

I have never followed the edict to never change shutter speeds when cocked. Changing the speed while unwound is actually forbidden on a few classic cameras (not LF). My shutters seem to have survived these decades, so I'm open to learning something really new, or alternatively at least wondering if that edict needs to be emphasized with boldface.

Rick "who nearly broke a vintage Leica once by doing that" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Ben, it's fine once printed, and the PDF is easy to read on both iPhone and iPad.

I have never followed the edict to never change shutter speeds when cocked. Changing the speed while unwound is actually forbidden on a few classic cameras (not LF). My shutters seem to have survived these decades, so I'm open to learning something really new, or alternatively at least wondering if that edict needs to be emphasized with boldface.

Rick "who nearly broke a vintage Leica once by doing that" Denney
    My first rule is, never touch a Leica, I never want to break one!
    Tin Can

Instructions look great! I've seen camera instructions from multi-billion dollar companies that are less clear.

Also, nice snag on that new domain!

The instructions look very good even on my Kindle Fire which is where I would reference them when I snag a camera from the second batch.. I hope, I hope.

Hi Ben,

You are right the PDF looks great. My adobe reader had upgraded it's self and was waiting for a browser restart and wouldn't take any action commands. I apologize for my unwarranted criticism. On another note; if you needed to make more information (than fits on an 8x10 sheet) of a specific type available users could be referred to your website. And of course we'll be blogging about it here on the LFP, the best resource of all.

Happy trails,
    SteveP