View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 232 of 299 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    It looks to me like Justin is the assembly team and that he has a throughput of about fifty cameras a day.

I wish they would ship in batches. I have friends who make a well known camera accessory, by laborious handwork, and they lost a huge quantity of their product when a UPS truck burned. That nearly sunk them. I just hate to think of all the cameras sitting on one truck.
    We're both assembling cameras, and our throughput is much higher than 50 per day…

Dave Karp

Hey Randy,

I will be using a 90mm Raptar with mine too! There was a quick bump in price on 90mm Angulons way back when, so I picked my Raptar up for a very reasonable price. If I remember, it came from a seller in Chicago. Looking forward to playing with mine.

I wonder if there's much, or any, difference between an Angulon and Raptar. I saw a 90mm f/8 Dagor on eBay yesterday, sold for $250 or so. I have an Angulon but it's not good until f/22 - I would like the option to shoot wider without having mushy corners!

I have an extra 90/8 SA with a damaged rear element (2 gouges in the glass, small) that I'm going to try with the TW. It's worth nothing with the damaged glass so I won't feel bad throwing it around in a small messenger bag with a few film holders.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    We're both assembling cameras, and our throughput is much higher than 50 per day…
    Glad to hear it, sorry to leave you out, Ben.

Dave Karp

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I wonder if there's much, or any, difference between an Angulon and Raptar. . . .
    I can't say from experience. I can say that the image circle on the Raptar is big. There is room for way more movement than I thought there would be when I popped it on to my Walker Titan. I never tried to make a test photo to see what things look like with extreme movements applied, so it could be that the only useable part is of the image circle is from straight on.

Not applicable to the Travelwide but even mushy corners are often useful especially in a wide angle lens. The most common reason I have for running out of coverage with a 90 is using front rise where there's a building involved, and often enough those corners are featureless sky, in which case they don't need to be sharp just illuminated.

Damage to the rear glass is the worst... no way to shoot around it, I would try it.

I would also not make a final decision on the damaged elements without talking/checking with Jon (john) at FocalPoint.com. He's done some work for me which I was very happy with. Also check with various LF lens repair persons in hope of locating a rear element for the SA.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

I wonder if there's much, or any, difference between an Angulon and Raptar. I saw a 90mm f/8 Dagor on eBay yesterday, sold for $250 or so. I have an Angulon but it's not good until f/22 - I would like the option to shoot wider without having mushy corners!

I have an extra 90/8 SA with a damaged rear element (2 gouges in the glass, small) that I'm going to try with the TW. It's worth nothing with the damaged glass so I won't feel bad throwing it around in a small messenger bag with a few film holders.
    Fill the gouges with black ink and I bet you'll never notice their effects.

Rick "surprised by how much damage it takes to be noticeable" Denney

Yeah good suggestion of course, I just haven't even used the lens yet. It came with some other stuff last year and has just been sitting on my shelf.

Or I'll nab something like this one day:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151693183567
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Yeah good suggestion of course, I just haven't even used the lens yet. It came with some other stuff last year and has just been sitting on my shelf.

Or I'll nab something like this one day:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151693183567
    Why wait for that.

As I scanned lower on that page a nice Wolly is live bait.
    Tin Can