View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 226 of 299 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by letchhausen View Post
    They cleaned up their act over 20 years ago. But personally I waaaay prefer 42nd Street of 1986 to the Disneyland that it is now. Actually I prefer the city as a whole of those days of yore....
    Just don't mess with the painted ladies or the mean Disney characters:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/19/ny...e-iphone-share

No confusion here. The only thing that makes sense is to distribute as many cameras as possible at the pickup party, saving the shipping costs for that many cameras. Then start shipping the cameras that weren't picked up. Shipping is likely coming out of their own pockets anyway.

I'm interested to see who posts the first photo from a Travelwide. Probably a photo from the pickup party itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bates View Post
    I'm interested to see who posts the first photo from a Travelwide. Probably a photo from the pickup party itself.
    Yes, I do hope they post a few pictures of backers at the party holding their new TW90's. I would also expect a few of those fortunate enough to pick up their cameras to give us first impressions of the handling and feel of the camera. If I lived close I'd bring my 90 Angulon and some loaded film holders and a long cable release. Might not have time to calibrate the focus scale but you just might be fortunate and hit it right on.

Hello Ben,

Did I miss an email with Sunday's location and time?
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bates View Post
    No confusion here. The only thing that makes sense is to distribute as many cameras as possible at the pickup party, saving the shipping costs for that many cameras. Then start shipping the cameras that weren't picked up. Shipping is likely coming out of their own pockets anyway.

Mike & et. al. ,

Some time back I suggested that they (the guys)may have some cash issues when shipping time came, and that perhaps we should all chip in. Looks like that time may have come. I've bought and sold many items on ebay and think the cameras could ship USPS for $19.95 or less. Maybe it could be done thru a PayPal account, that would make it easy. Count me in.

Happy trails,
    SteveP

Good Guy Steve.

I think only backers in the US would volunteer to do this because all backers outside the US were already charged $40 additional to have their cameras shipped, even Canada.

Yup, $40 shipping and I'll also get dinged for duties at the border…but still a cheap 'lil 4x5 camera.

Our pick-up party is tomorrow, and I'd love to see any LFF members there, even if you didn't order a camera! I'd be happy to see more friendly faces.

We'll be at the space 2PM-4PM on August 23. Our studio is at 3065 N Rockwell St in Chicago—PM me for more details if you want to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Our pick-up party is tomorrow, and I'd love to see any LFF members there, even if you didn't order a camera! I'd be happy to see more friendly faces.

We'll be at the space 2PM-4PM on August 23. Our studio is at 3065 N Rockwell St in Chicago—PM me for more details if you want to show up.
    What's the agreed upon social media hashtag for this? #travelwide? #wanderlust? #4x5pointnshoot? I need to live vicariously though all of you until the shipments go out.