View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 224 of 299 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzano View Post
    Ummm... the headlines.... don't know the neighborhood, but....................

"Thirteen Old Timey Photographers met shortly after dark near 42nd and sixth. 16 Antique cameras in cardboard boxes are stolen, when they are mugged. Nobody in the Starbucks at that intersection saw anything!!!"
    LOL, mugged? When was the last time you were in New York? I'm not saying it doesn't happen but this is not old New York. That area is very safe and crawling with people all the time, and is next to the B-D-F-M trains.

I was thinking of the large open plaza around the entrance to ICP. I can be there during the day. I figured people might want to see whet they're getting, although the plaza is kind of lit up at night. It looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439898540.672591.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	138554

Lots of photographers hang out there so it would be a good marketing opportunity for the TravelWide.

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

I would say if it meant I was going to get my cam MUCH faster I would be interested. However I could see it getting complicated fast due to logistics and planning, and if it's more or less the same amount of time I'd just opt for home delivery. Best case scenario would be if one of us had a midtown photo studio where they could take a large delivery, and host people coming and going for a day or so.

Yeah, I agree, a midtown studio location would be ideal. I'm sure we could have done it out of MV Labs, the black and white lab I interned for, but it is closed.

I messaged Ben about doing a pickup party for DC, but the more I think about it--the more I think it just complicates things. Let's say Ben sends out a mass email announcing the date/time of the party and 11 people RSVP. Then only 7 people show up. Then it becomes a pain for the person with the cameras and the no-shows trying to arrange the remaining pick-ups.

Yah! Ya got me. Living in Oregon, surrounded by forests, lakes, streams, small communities, the only thing we have close to a "mugging" here is an occasional am-indian uprising, where we circle our cars off the Interstate. I'm only a half hour off the reservation.

Only made the comments based on historic (perhaps prehistoric) precedent set by PNW and West Coast perceptions. Glad to hear NY is cleaning up their act at last. The lighing looks great... what ISO?

Just some thoughts that came up while waiting for Pony Express to deliver a couple of Old Timey Cameras.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Things change, New York is a darling compared to what it used to be.

There is a Starbucks on that corner, so I thought you knew the area. Then again, there is a Starbucks on every corner.

That's not my photo, not sure of the ISO.

I just hope they don't wait too long to start shipping. If the pick up party is Sunday 8/23, then to be fair to those of us who cannot pick up a camera in Chicago shipping should at least start Monday 8/24. Unless or course they only had time by the 23rd to assemble enough cameras for pick-up and the rest are still in pieces. So far Ben will not commit to any time line for shipping and by now, with all the parts in hand for 6 weeks, well doesn't that seem odd to anyone. I dunno, maybe they are just flat broke and are trying to delay until they can scrape up enough funds to pay for it all.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzano View Post
    Yah! Ya got me. Living in Oregon, surrounded by forests, lakes, streams, small communities, the only thing we have close to a "mugging" here is an occasional am-indian uprising, where we circle our cars off the Interstate. I'm only a half hour off the reservation.

Only made the comments based on historic (perhaps prehistoric) precedent set by PNW and West Coast perceptions. Glad to hear NY is cleaning up their act at last. The lighing looks great... what ISO?

Just some thoughts that came up while waiting for Pony Express to deliver a couple of Old Timey Cameras.
    You know, I'm probably face more risk in your part of the country than I do in New York. I'm not a backwoods person, so I would probably get lost in the woods, drown in the lake, or slip off a rock and get swept to my death in a fast moving stream.

Someone wrote a book about just those sort of risks that urbanites face when they go out to the wilderness. Some people literally walk backwards into the Grand Canyon while getting their pictures taken.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by plywood View Post
    I just hope they don't wait too long to start shipping. If the pick up party is Sunday 8/23, then to be fair to those of us who cannot pick up a camera in Chicago shipping should at least start Monday 8/24. Unless or course they only had time by the 23rd to assemble enough cameras for pick-up and the rest are still in pieces. So far Ben will not commit to any time line for shipping and by now, with all the parts in hand for 6 weeks, well doesn't that seem odd to anyone. I dunno, maybe they are just flat broke and are trying to delay until they can scrape up enough funds to pay for it all.
    Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?

No it doesn't strike me as odd at all for a small operation of a few friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?

No it doesn't strike me as odd at all for a small operation of a few friends.
    Yeah, people expect Amazon level service from two guys in Chicago who've had the gumption to design a whole new camera and sell it at a fair price on KS. We've all found the delays unfortunate but people could be a lil more supportive rather than complaining about theoretical problems they haven't encountered. Getting into a KS means you're going on a journey with the founders and you may not end up with a camera in your hands, lucky for us, we finally get our Travelwides!!!

Anybody have any tips on shooting flash with LF? I shoot weddings and I want to expose a few sheets at the reception, coming as close to the old speedgraphic press camera look as possible. I'm gonna use a Nikon speedlight, but every time I've shoot B&W with flash before I've never been able to soften the contrast. It seems like there was a totally different look outta those old flash bulbs...