Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J and C Photo

J and C Photo

Does anyone know if they are still in business. I have left several messages during their office hours and no calls back.

steve simmons

J and C Photo

I received my order from them last week without a hitch. I used their order online service and followed up with an e-mail request and they took care of things just fine. I would bet that they are just pretty busy. Their Efke film is a hot commodity right now and when they started November 15th to offer it in just about every ultra large format size possible, I would bet they are selling the daylights out of that stuff. More excellent film in just about every format possible (even European) at great prices - don't ya just love it?

Where are those folks five years ago that said that we would now be forced to coat glass plates when the conventional film industry imploded?

Just keep shooting and everything else will take care of itself.........

Cheers!

J and C Photo

They were closed for some one or two week period or so and had an announcement on their website. It would be worth checking back.

J and C Photo

How does Efke film compare to Illford HP5 for portraiture? The film is supposed to be high in silver content, how much more noticeable is it than some of the modern emulsions(if that is the right question to ask)?
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

J and C Photo

Don't give your name, and maybe they'll answer.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

J and C Photo

RAOTFLMAO!
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

J and C Photo

I was invited by QTL to participate, your petty sarcasm is a comment about you not me, I asked a legitimate on topic question about photography, the folks who would not answer a legitimate question from me or anybody in order to be petty that is a comment about them, I've asked the question with respect and expect the same kind of gesture back particularly since this is supposed to be the forum said by many of its members to operate above pettiness.

Your comment was off topic and snide, so don't involve yourself with my posts, just stay away, if I get an answer, I get an answer, if I don't, I don't, but I'll post whenever I decide to since I was invited by QTL not you.
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

J and C Photo

Hi Steve,

I spoke to John last week. The best time to get them is in the evening. John told me that businees has been brisk and they're having difficulty keeping up, but are looking to hire some assistance. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll make contact.

Regards, Pete

J and C Photo

I was informed by one of the folks on this forum that the above comment that I took exception to may have been meant for somebody else and I will thank him for pointing that out to me, if it was, that gives me a certain kind of relief, but thinking about it, whoever the comment was pointed at, I pretty much think my reply sill applies, getting back on topic, I would like the info about Efke film.
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

J and C Photo

Jonathan, that was what we call a "joke" aimed at the very well known, dare I say famous/infamous**, Steve Simmons of View Camera magazine...

Perhaps QTL would like to delete the unnecessary bits of this thread, especially as they are based on a double misunderstanding?

Cheers,

** Delete as appropriate :-)