Thread: Valuation - pro-co drying cabinet

Valuation - pro-co drying cabinet

Hi, i recently acquired this cabinet from a man who was clearing out his house, he was a photographic journalist.
    Anyway long story short i identified it as a film drying cabinet but i have no idea of the exact value as i wish to sell this, i cannot find this model for sale or sold and thats probably because i dont know where to look.

Thanks for any help, the picture was taken outside before i could move somewhere to store it and dry it out to test, i hope you dont feel im taking advantage by asking this but i thought the best place to come was to experts.

Re: Valuation - pro-co drying cabinet

it all has to do with, if anyone living close to you needs it as shipping it is a lot of money, minty on ebay never sell!! the last one didn't sell they was only asking $60.00 to start it & never got a bid!!
    I my silf need one But I can make one for less then the shipping would be most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by danbenford View Post
    a film drying cabinet but i have no idea of the exact value as i wish to sell this
    These generally are scrap value, as you probably will not find a in-house user and transport to anywhere else will be above the price of a more compact film drier.

If you happen to find somebody in the same block who desires it, you could expect maybe $50-100€. Otherwise, be happy if you can get rid of it for free. The steel price has risen, so that you can probably get it hauled off for free in most major urban areas - but YMMV, depending on the local regulations and distance to the next scrapyard. A mere three years ago our local disposal fees (i.e. what you had to pay to have it transported off and scrapped) for a cabinet size electric device were in excess of 50€...

Pity it isn't the cabinet that melted Capa's D-day films. That would be worth real money!

I purchased a used one for about C$50 about 15 to 20 years ago when film was still a major mainstream force. See also the current thread on darkroom doors, as that may have similar relevance on current versus past valuation.

When 8x10 enlargers are selling (when a buyer can be found) for little more than scrap value, a tin cabinet will not likely bring much.

However, all it takes is one buyer at the right time ...

Ok thanks for the help guys it was worth checking it out anyway (you never know) but ye if its worthless then it will go off to scrap

like I said if you can find some one in your town that would like to use it make them a deel

OP where are you, anyway?

I have been searching for a film drying cabinet, but as stated. The biggest problem is shipping the item, if the buyer is not a local. I have seen them on the bay sell for as little as $1.

Good luck finding a home for the dryer.