Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: More Kodak discontinuations

Re: More Kodak discontinuations

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mahoney View Post
    John,

Well I suppose it very much depends on what one likes. This was taken with a roll from a batch that was borrowed, unrefrigerated, expired, and greener than usual. And you know I'm very fond of it and would be terribly excited by the prospect of 400H in 4x5 ... so if a Fuji rep ever asks for your opinion I'd be grateful if you told a few fibs.

Wugs - 35mm Fujicolor Pro 400H, Nikkor 35/1.4

Kind regards,

Richard
    Yes, we all have different preferences... its what makes the world go round.

I like that photo, by the way.

The only thing certain in our uncertain world of film is that no one from Fuji is ever going to come ask me my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ....Frank is probably correct.
    At last!

Merry Christmas Sal, let's start the new year out fresh and new!

I'm really surprised that 5x7 320TXP continues. B&H just received 20 boxes and Badger has 7. Unlike 8x10, which I can't find in stock anywhere except those two US retailers, there's 5x7 elsewhere, albeit at higher prices.
    Adorama does have TXP320 5X7 in stock and are also still shipping 8x10

...Frank is probably correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    At last!...
    Frank, I never have (and never will) claim you're incorrect except when what you've posted is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Merry Christmas Sal, let's start the new year out fresh and new!
    And a happy impending solstice to you, Frank. Fresh, new years always hold promise.

Let's hope the coming year is a good one for Kodak too. On the other hand, my favorite bumper sticker said: "I feel much better since I gave up hope."

...I'm really surprised that 5x7 320TXP continues. B&H just received 20 boxes and Badger has 7. Unlike 8x10, which I can't find in stock anywhere except those two US retailers, there's 5x7 elsewhere, albeit at higher prices...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Adorama does have TXP320 5X7 in stock and are also still shipping 8x10
    Adorama isn't normally on my radar screen, for reasons historical and not appropriate to discuss here. Nonetheless, I did attempt to check their stock status before posting yesterday.

5x7 320TXP is, as I mentioned, available from multiple sources. Adorama's inventory management system's integration with its on-line retailing system is less than elegant. I'd first attempted to place a huge number of 8x10 320TXP boxes in my shopping cart. It enforced no limit; there were 1,000 when I clicked "Checkout." Doing that resulted in a message roughly saying "...due to demand, we're out of stock and don't know when we'll get more." I assumed (bad idea) that this was merely a slight improvement on the old Adorama situation where one was not told at all and allowed to back order items without knowing. In other words, when it said they were out of stock, they were out of stock.

Today I tried a different approach. Put just one box in cart. Proceed to checkout. No message. Go back and increment to 2 boxes. Proceed to checkout. Still no message. Repeat until 16 boxes in cart. "Out of stock" etc. appears. So, at least as I'm typing this, there are also 15 boxes of 8x10 320TXP at Adorama.

It's interesting to note that the Adorama software has a "check valve" of sorts with respect to that out-of-stock message. Lowering the number in one's cart from 16 down to even 1 won't make the message go away. Clearing all cookies and starting again permits checking out with 15 boxes. Great system!

Not the best inventory control agreed. But, Adorama have for some time had the best prices on film and often free shipping.
    At the end of 8x10 TMY-2 as we know it i bought quite a bit of my film from them and they were consistently quick to update a ship why i wanted to mention them.

"I feel much better since I gave up hope."

Well, Dante revisited hehehehe

If Kodak stops producing 8x10 c-41 (as they clearly will do eventually), there will be no source in North America for 8x10 c-41 film. That is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfactor View Post
    If Kodak stops producing 8x10 c-41 (as they clearly will do eventually), there will be no source in North America for 8x10 c-41 film. That is crazy.
    When that happens, IF Fuji still makes C-41 and E-6 emulsions, I expect to see their presence in the USA grow stronger. I think Fuji has intentionally kept some products away from North America due to respect for Kodak, but now, its different. Afterall, they will then be (with only miniscule exceptions) the Sole provider of C-41 and E6.

I believe Kodak and Fuji have made an agreement and posted about that a couple of years ago.
    Fuji will stay on the positive side and Kodak on the negative side