Thread: XP2 4X5 why not?

XP2 4X5 why not?

XP2 is a favorite of mine. I have been using it for years with my Bronica. Would love to use it in 4X5. I wonder why Ilford doesn't make it in 4X5.

Re: XP2 4X5 why not?

I agree that it is a very nice film, but I doubt there's much of a market for it in 4x5, especially as it's getting harder to find places developing C41 large format film.

As an aside, you might try Acros in divided Pyrocat. Like XP-2, this gives very fine grain and the ability to record info into the zonal stratosphere.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

They used to make in in LF sizes. Not sure how long it was around, but I've seen it on ebay a few times over the past year or so. Once in 8x10 and a few times in 4x5 and 5x7 IIRC.

-Dan

I thought it was available in large format at one time but I wasn't sure. With the constant changes in film manufacturing, especially Fuji and Kodak, I hesitate to even hope for anything new when it comes to film. But with Ilford I think things may actually get better if the other big film companies keep discontinuing black and white films and Ilford picks up the slack.

If I remember rightly, XP-2 was available in 4x5" but XP-2 Super, which I prefer, never was.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I put Ilford XP2 Super II 4X5 on my Christmas list.

I have a large box of it but it wasn't sealed when frozen so most of the sheets were stuck together when I checked it out. It was from Ford's photo department when they threw everything out. They had guards watching the dumpsters to keep scavengers out.