Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current film availability - a review

Re: Current film availability - a review

Also with LibreOffice (formerly OpenOffice).

Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Thanks for posting. However, looking down the equine oral cavity, I found the format a bit unfriendly. Perhaps the info could be restructured as a universally readable PDF file or a web page on your site?
    The reason it was posted as an Excel spreadsheet was that some of the information spilled out from the page boundaries. Making a pdf would cut off some of that information. However, I have rejigged the table and reduced the size of some of the font in places and have attached a revised pdf version, along with version Nov11-2 of the Excel spreadsheet.

Please note everyone that this is a working copy and the more complete version will be neater and more rational in layout.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Attachment 63650

Howdo all again,

I have slowly been doing a bit more work collating data and have included Bergger and Ultrafine as well as few areas where film is available (I'll post update version Nov11-3 when the info' request below is confirmed).

Does anyone know if Gigabitfilm still do their 4"x5". The reason I ask is that their website is a bit naff and doesn't seem up-to-date, http://www.gigabitfilm.com/html/english/menu.htm.

By the way, the list of manufacturers that have stopped making film include at least Classicfilm, Forte, DNP and Konica while those who don't/didn't do anything larger than 35 mm include Kentmere, Lucky, Ferrania and Mitisubishi.

Ta.
    Steve.

What an excellent idea!

It mystifies my why Fuji Pro 160 isn't available in this country, when it's available in both the UK and Germany. Does anyone know why this is the case?

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    It mystifies my why Fuji Pro 160 isn't available in this country, when it's available in both the UK and Germany. Does anyone know why this is the case?
    Certainly 120 rollfilm is available and after talking to a Fuji rep' recently, sheet film is also available if requested, at least in theory. It's my (feeble) guess that it's up to the retailer to decide whether it's economically viable to order any in but I stand to be shot down in flames on that one. I'm sure there's a market for it though.

Steve.

Howdo all,

After a little further investigation it appears that Gigabitfilm is no longer produced although I cannot find official word on that anywhere. Judging by the poor state of their website I'm pretty sure they're defunct.

I have rejigged the spreadsheet and converted it into a pdf which Macs as well as PC's should recognise.

Any suggestions for amendments will be greatly appreciated as usual.

I should also state once more that films may be available in a country through their distributor even though it may not be carried by any retailers. Fuji and Kodak are examples. Anyone can, of course, order in from overseas if needs be - most retailers will post abroad, at a price.

Cheers,
    Steve

Re: Current film availability - pdf Nov 2011

Hi Steve
    I've been looking for something like this for our Darkroom Group. The information is really helpful and I know it took some work to do this. Thanks. J.

Hi Steve

Would it not make sence to put also Japan on the list, as far as I know even Quickloads are still there in Japan!
    Just have a look here: http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/p...roducts_id=196

Cheers Armin

Thanks bluejeh- glad it's been useful.

-------

Armin. I agree. I always felt it looked a little imbalanced without an Asian representative, i.e., Japan.

Meanwhile, much of what is available in Japan I've put under 'Global' as even the Quickloads can still be ordered in, at least in the UK, as a bulk order; this being the most economical means for retailers as opposed to buying in on spec'.

Nonetheless, I'll add a 'J' for film only available for Japan. Thanks for giving me a nudge. Expect the update in a week or two's time.

...and I ought to include a footnote for Quickloads in the list.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Thanks for your work, Armin