Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4x5 in Bali

Re: 4x5 in Bali

Weird... Maybe ImageShack is blocked in Malaysia?

same in thailand

Yes, that could be the case Ben. Our so-called "Innernet Police" is quite vigilant in blocking 'improper' sites. Of course, they are doing a botch job of it in my opinion. Arrgh. Anyway, do post up those links on Flickr as soon as you can. Bali is not too far from where I am and I'm thinking of going there with the wife in the near future for a dive trip. Might bring along my Crown Graphic and do as you did

Maybe I'll see you there Altair. We are going to Bandung at Christmas, and talking about flying over to Bali to dive at Tulamben, our favorite place there.

we also have the internet police in Thailand...

Ben, sorry I cannot see your photos, but congratulations!

I really can't recommend it enough... It's incredibly beautiful, the people are sincerely happy, and the exchange rates are highly favorable. We saw one nice-looking villa in a resort town advertised for rent at the rate of US$750 per year. And that was not uncommon. Luxury condos were advertised for sale at US$60,000.

If I lived closer to Bali, I would certainly rent or buy such a place and visit often. The only thing stopping me is the 24 hour trip from the US!

You can really see why there's such a huge expat community...

Tim: When will you be in Bali? We're thinking of early January, going to try & see some Molas-Molas this time around. It'll be our first trip there, can you recommend some good dive sites?

Ben:And how was the food? I remember the 24+ hour flight I had to take the last time I went to the States. Talk about being sore...

Congrats! Looks like good fun
    david

The links work for me ... (in Australia). Love the photos Ben. We've been lucky enough to visit bali several times, but still haven't gotten up to Sanur.

Next time ....
    Please email me - my inbox is always full.. (press ALT and click on my name, then select "Send email to Uri A"). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    And how was the food? I remember the 24+ hour flight I had to take the last time I went to the States. Talk about being sore...
    Food in Bali is incredible.......try Mozaic if you're in Ubud and want to splurge.

http://www.mozaic-bali.com/

Naughty Nuri's is great for meeting expats. Cold beer, killer martinis and grilled pork chops. There are two now....go to the original in Ubud. Thursday night is Tuna night.

http://naughtynurisbali.com/

My house there cost me $90US a month. It was furnished and rent included all utilities along with a servant who washed clothes, sheets, cleaned the house and cooked breakfast every morning.
    "There are two dirty words in photography; one is 'art', and the other is 'good taste'." - Helmut Newton

great stuff . i also need a handholdable 4x5