Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Eversmart Pro

Re: Thoughts on Eversmart Pro

That's really too bad. I frankly don't have room for a huge scanner, but if I need an additional computer/monitor/etc. it's a total deal-breaker. There's no where to put it!!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    That's really too bad. I frankly don't have room for a huge scanner, but if I need an additional computer/monitor/etc. it's a total deal-breaker. There's no where to put it!!
    Many would consider the size and weight (165 lbs) of an Eversmart scanner a deal-breaker in itself. However, scanning itself is a very time intensive activity and if you devote much time to image processing you sure don't want to have your main computer tied up with scanning.

That said, if you don't have room for a second computer you probably don't have room for an Eversmart.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

True enough. I'm very much looking forward to getting a house soon. Unfortunately "soon" is probably still 1-2 years.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I think this is really an exploration of scanning options at around the $2500 mark. For me it needs to do 4x5 and 6x7 so the nikons are out (and they're way too over-inflated any ways).

I just talked to Robin at Genesis and he said that a Howtek 4000 with mounting station & one drum can be had for $2200 with about $700 freight, completely refurbished. A completely refurbished Eversmart Pro II would run almost double that and the freight would be the same. I don't think software was included with either and Silverfast for the Howtek would be much easier to acquire.

Robin said the drum scanner might be better for me because I won't be scanning large numbers of images while the flatbeds are more for labs that need a high output. I kind of agree and that mounting station is pretty damn cool from a video I saw . (I already do wet mounting on my V700 using a technique Jim Kitchen showed me)

So the Howtek would be about $3000 all in with Silverfast, by the looks of it. Anybody in Southern Alberta/Western Canada that may want to pay to get their film scanned?