Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safari & Chrome Browsers not fully supported

Photographer

Safari & Chrome Browsers not fully supported

Neither "New Posts" nor "Unified View" seem to work with the new software release for IPad.
    Keith Pitman

Re: LFF and new IPad software

I posted a thread to the lounge concerning this very thing. This is a more appropriate forum. I was beginning to think that I was the only one having this problem.

With the new software I cannot get New Posts or Unified View to work, either. The only solution is to read forum by forum else go to settings and wipe clear all web data (including cookies and passwords). The previous software also had issues with New Posts that could be remedied by clearing the cache. The new release, however, does not have that option. I thought it was a memory issue with the the iPad at first. But after this new iteration, I'm really beginning to believe that there is some conflict between the forum software, Safari and the iPad OS. I don't experience any issues with other web sites.

My personal experience is that it is not possible to get the LF Info unified view on the current version of iPad software. As Will says, there may be a workaround, but it is more trouble than it is worth.

Something similar is happening with Apple Lion on my MacBook Air. Initially, unified view will work, but eventually it will stop working and can be reinstituted only after cache is emptied. This is a nuisance.
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Imthought that it was a Safari issue, having success with a coiple of different browsers under ios 5. The other browsers have started to fail...EC

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Something similar is happening with Apple Lion on my MacBook Air. Initially, unified view will work, but eventually it will stop working and can be reinstituted only after cache is emptied. This is a nuisance.
    This is exactly what happened with my iPad and version 5. Unified View worked at first, then completely ceased working unless all the web data is dumped in Settings. Then it's good for exactly once. After that it becomes useless again. Dumping web data loses everything. I have to go through all the challenges to get into my online banking. And I have to sign in again to anything that uses a password - like this forum.

It seems we're regressing.

It is unfortunate that Apple decided not to ensure that the iPad software would be compatible with existing Web standards.

I believe that Tom is working on upgrading our vBulletin software in the near future. Whether that will resolve the IE9 and iPad problems is yet to be determined, as far as I know.

Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    It is unfortunate that Apple decided not to ensure that the iPad software would be compatible with existing Web standards.

I'm no tech expert, but I read several other forums that appear to use the same software package and that don't have problems with either the latest Ipad or IE releases. Perhaps the software vendor has a fix for these issues that the LFF needs to implement.
    Keith Pitman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    I'm no tech expert, but I read several other forums that appear to use the same software package and that don't have problems with either the latest Ipad or IE releases. Perhaps the software vendor has a fix for these issues that the LFF needs to implement.
    Nah, they should just phone Tim Cook and tell him to change Apple's operating system to suit LF Info.

Looks like Tom has fixed this. Unified view now working on iPad. Cheers.

The "New Posts" in the menu bar now works but "Sort by Last Reply" under "Quicklinks" still does not work in iOS 5.