Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Pleased With Art 300 and Adox MCC 110

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Very Pleased With Art 300 and Adox MCC 110

In a dress rehearsal for when I can no longer haul my big one out, I went out today with the M7 II and 4 lenses, developed the Acros film and made several prints (using Ansco 130) on both Adox MCC110 fibre VC paper and Ilford MG ART 300. The results are somewhat delicious if a little different in presentation. And, they were satisfying enough that a foray into 120 on occasion and enlarging can be quite satisfying in itself and not merely a fall back position down the road, which is what I previously envisioned it as. I like the warmth, weight and modest texture of the Art 300 and the Adox is wonderfully neutral with rich warm blacks and very clean whites. I haven't tried toning yet but am sure that that will add to their diversity. A couple of fine products I think, for those of us that were bemoaning the loss of quality paper. Would love to hear others' experience of these papers!!
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Dave Karp

Re: Very Pleased With Art 300 and Adox MCC 110

The MCC110 also responds nicely to warm tone developers, and will give you a deep dark warm tone with a beautiful white paper base.

Quote Originally Posted by David Karp View Post
    The MCC110 also responds nicely to warm tone developers, and will give you a deep dark warm tone with a beautiful white paper base.
    Which WT developer would you recommend, David?
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

Try the Ansco 130 with it. Photographers Formulary sells kits that makes it easy to mix and it lasts forever in sealed jars.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard K. View Post
    Which WT developer would you recommend...
    We've already been down this path

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/9421-C...-WA-1.25-Liter

but Freestyle couldn't get it to you in Canada. Did you ever contact Mirko to ask about distribution there? If so, what did he say?

I actually have a friend who comes to Toronto often and will bring some over for me. I was wondering about other WT developers (other than Agfa Neutol WT). I seem to like the Ansco 130 just fine though. Have you tried either paper Sal? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    Try the Ansco 130 with it. Photographers Formulary sells kits that makes it easy to mix and it lasts forever in sealed jars.
    Exactly what I've been using. Like it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard K. View Post
    ...Have you tried either paper Sal? Thoughts?
    Not the Art 300, but MCC 110 is my primary paper now for both enlarging and contact printing. The Azo stash I bought when it was discontinued has become a hedge against future disruptions in the supply of silver black and white materials.

I've used MCC 110 with Print WA, but prefer and finally settled on the neutral version

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/9428-R...-NE-1.25-Liter

for developing it. Then I give it 4 minutes in HARMAN selenium toner 1:10. Resulting prints are exactly the way I like them, i.e. fairly neutral with a slight hint of selenium "warm/magenta" color.

Thanks for the information, Sal. BTW that new ART 300 ain't bad either!

What's with the "textured matte" surface? Is it really flat or is there some life to it?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!