Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Flatline View Post

NEver shot LF or MF, but want to. Joined this forum to learn more, but still feeling extremely overwhelmed.

Been shooting with SLRs and Rangefinders for 22 years, been all digital since 2000.
    Don't be overwhelmed..buy a view camera, a meter, some holders, some sheet film, point the thing at the subject, focus so it looks good on the GG and expose. It's not rocket science and it's great fun...EC

27 and I've been into LF for about a year. My cambo see more use then my medium format or any other gear. For me there is no substitution.

28, and haven't shoot a single sheet of film yet... But can't wait when I will be able to do it (in a month or so).

65 in September. I've shot 35, 120 and recently acquired a Kodak 5x7 2D which need restoring. I guess that it will be my big jump into LF. It isn't in too bad condition, but it needs a bellows. My next project will be to make a bellows.

26 - shooting 4x5 since the first of this year - no looking back...

Head over heels in love,

Rob

www.robertglieden.com

27 - I started taking pictures when I was 19 with a Coolpix 950 (the one that swiveled). I have been BW wet darkroom only for the past 6 years, mostly 4x5 some 8x10.
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

27. I've been shooting 4x5 for a few years. I started with 35mm Nikon gear, then moved to digital. Then, I had a friend of mine introduce me to the wide world of large format. Now I shoot both digital and LF. I love the features that both have to offer, so I can't say that I'd get rid of either one. I tried to sell my field camera, but once I had enough people ask questions about it (And subsequently pulling it out to check on the questions) I decided to shoot more with it. Wow, what a mistake I almost made.

-Brian Akerson

I'm 23! Just getting started in to it myself, can't wait till I have a whole load of nice pictures to show off to you all!

-Will

Thirty-ten. I'll be thirty-eleven next week.

What's the name of that big river in Egypt again?

Of course, the obvious answer to the question of "how old are you?" for many of us is "too."

Drew
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

Widows and Orphans Beware

I'm actually 21. In base 26 anyway. I've been doing LF for about 5 years, everything else for about 40 years before that, more or less.