Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

I am 28 and only started with LF this year.

Ari

20 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ingram View Post
    I win! 22, and new to LF (and loving it, except for my troubles finding accurate developing times for Delta 100 on a Jobo)
    19!!! do i win????

Yes my arms are getting too short, can't leave home without my glasses, the groundglass is deemer than it was 22 years ago, back then there was no digital. Wow! am I really 53.

I began photography 33 years ago with 35mm, graduated to 6X7cm about 22 years ago, and finally decided that if I was going to shoot architecture I might as well start shooting 4X5, 4 months ago.
    I'm 51, but my inner child is only 47.
    Bill

I will turn 75 this week. Began taking pictures at age 7 - ...worked commercial photography and weddings with a 4X5 Speed Graphic and multiple flashbulbs as well as a Rolleiflex in the early 1950s.

Still shooting 4X5, and all the other formats, and digital. I process B&W in my home darkroom. I used to say that photography was like a big hole that one continues to pour money into. Now in retirement it beats some of the other expensive pastimes. ...and it keeps me young and active!

Jack

Young enough to still carry an 8x10 Dorff around every so often;

Old enough to realize that lugging 4x5/5x7 is easier on the back;

And, wise enough to know that arguing with fools is a waste of time!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Hi

I'm 39 years old, I started with 35mm when I was child(8-10 years old) , when I use a 6x6, but my vision was more for a large format. So I bought my first camera 4x5 more a less when I was 20, but when I met a large format photographer was using a 8x10 and I lloked at ground glass, I must buy it, and so 5 years ago I bought a 8x10 and now I use a 8x10 and 8x20 camera.... What's the next step?

Stefano
    Analog is Rock!!!! Digital is slow
    My site

Quote Originally Posted by jimi-the-jive View Post
    19!!! do i win????
    You save me !

25 y old, for 3 year with 135 film, 6 month with a 120, and when the post service would find my parcel, may be the 4x5 age will start :d.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fisher View Post
    I will turn 75 this week. Began taking pictures at age 7 - ...worked commercial photography and weddings with a 4X5 Speed Graphic and multiple flashbulbs as well as a Rolleiflex in the early 1950s.

Still shooting 4X5, and all the other formats, and digital. I process B&W in my home darkroom. I used to say that photography was like a big hole that one continues to pour money into. Now in retirement it beats some of the other expensive pastimes. ...and it keeps me young and active!

Jack
    Halleluiah… 75 and still lugging it around. I hope to be doing the same.

52, lf for four years, but I shoot all types as well. It’s a tool. Use what you need for the moment. I don’t think hauling my Toyo 45c around to shoot weddings is appropriate. Now for formal portraits??....that is a different story. Standard progression since 8 years old. Kodak Instamatic, 35mm, MF, LF. Currently lf and DSLR.