Page 30 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

lee\c,
    Thanks for your comments. I'll have some more portraits up eventually. Large-format portraits have a wonderful quality, as abundantly shown by Kerik Kouklis' portrait thread. I see you are from Fort Worth. That is my natal city, but I grew up in the Panhandle.
    Wayne
    Wayne Lambert
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    www.waynelambert.net

Hi Wayne,

I make large format portraits also. Presently I have one print of Trudy Fair cowboy singer in a juried show in New Mexico at the Hubbard Museum of Western Art. I agree that the quality is wonderful.

lee\c

Zebra

Lee's large format portraits rock! Especiall his cowboy series. Now if I could only get him to sit for my wet plate collodion project on beards and mustaches then I could really sing his praises!

Monty

Hi Monty,

thanks for the nice words. Anytime we get together I would be honored to sit for a wet plate collodion since I have a 'stache and a part time beard. 20x24 pt/pd portraits that Monty makes also rock, to coin a phrase.

lee\c

Will 2nd Monty's praise of Lee's cowboy work. Some of the best West Texas cowboy work I have seen and would not hesitate to compare it with some of the best out there. A wet plate of Lee, huh Monty...that would be really cool.
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles

thanks Mike.

lee\c

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Willard View Post
    56, but I pose the maturity level of an 18 year old juvenile delinquent.

Consider this fall when I got caught poaching photographs on some rich land baron's Colorado ranch. I was rudely expelled for all the visual damage I was doing. So I went down to the local hardware store and purchased 13 stainless steel locks including a 12' hawken chain. I then added (or donated) a lock to every chained gate on the ranch and threw the keys to the wind. The main gate was a bronze motorized sliding gate, and I securely donated my 12' hawken chain and lock to that gate as well. It was by all means a total lock down. I figure if the SOB did not want the public domain on his land then the pubic domain did not want the SOB on our land. So I locked him in where he belongs.

Hail to the juvenile delinquent!
    What good is this behavior going to do?!? Why didn't you just ask for permission to photograph, and perhaps offer the landowner a print or two in exchange? Even if he or she says no, there's plenty of other public land to photograph in Colorado... This kind of behavior compomises future land access for all photographers, and makes us all look real bad! (Not to mention that all the money you wasted on locks could have been spent on film and processing!)
    Brian Vuillemenot

Too old to remember if I already replied to this thread.

Anyway, 38 yrs young and have been shooting 4x5 for about 3 years.

Bored with digital SLRs already. Very happy to see there are many 30-40 yr olds and younger shooting/still shooting large format.

New to the forum as a poster but I've been lurking around here for the past six months or so when I picked up large format. I was 17 at the time I picked up LF, 18 years old now.

Yeah i am probably your more typical LF shooter age at 49 , you know just wished i had picked it up sooner instead of of wasting my cash on all the best glass i could afford looking for that magic bullet in smaller formats.cheers Gary