Yesterday I finally decided to get into ambrotype photography. I'm a complete newbie with the technical aspects of vintage cameras, but Im passionate about photography.
I know what I want, but I do not fully grasp a couple of things...

What about the lens? I need to find a 8x10 camera in which you can change lenses, but I do not even understand the relationship with the bellow and lens. How do you _actually_ zoom? Pull out the bellow? Also, what type of lenses do I want to find for portraits and still life? I've seen photos made with a Wollensak Raptar 101mm and they looked great. What other brands can you recommend? Can I really put any kind of lens on any kind of glass plate camera? How can I be sure camera and lens will fit?

I'm currently living in Sweden, so I search extensively on the Swedish version of Ebay for these kind of cameras. A lot of good vintage cameras are sold very cheap since not a lot of people want them for serious photography. What kind of brands should I look for? I need names of the brands, and specifications, because the sellers rarely know anything... they just want to get rid of it ASAP, but to me it could be a potential precious thing.

Has anyone ever succeeded in using a modern FX lens in ambrotype photography?

As I wrote, complete technical newbie.