Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Re: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Like the updates. Makes it easier to adjust lense and bellows slider. Thank you

I used it again this weekend. What a treat. It has paid for itself many times over

Thanks for all the work on this very useful app. Since you are using Filter Factors to determine the exposure changes, it seems to me that the FF for the polarizers should be between 3 and 4, not 1.6 (2/3 of a stop) as you have listed them. My experience in reading exposures through the filter is that polarizers generally have between 1 1/2 to 2 stop differences.

Hi John. Glad you are finding the app useful. The filter factors are editable to meet your requirements. Just select a filter and touch the pencil icon and enter the required factor as a decimal such as 3.0.
    There is such a variation in different filters that people carry so I felt it best to allow you to enter your own and simply provide a starting point.
    All the best Stef.

Good point. I have done just that with my most used filters. I guess my point was that there are those who will use your filter factors as they are listed on the app as being totally correct. Rather than use a filter factor of 1.6 for the polarizer why not list it as 3 or 4 which is more accurate. A FF of 1.6 is about a one stop difference from 3 or 4. Wilkepedia has a good chart under "Filter Factors." Again, thank you for an excellent app. I have used it several times and find it very useful.

No problem. I'll change the default in the next release. That wiki page was one of my sources so perhaps I copied it wrongly!
    Thanks again.

Here's a set of Large Format photos made at close range with long exposures - all timed using the app.

I have this app and it looks to be useful. I have noticed one thing that doesn't appear to be correct. If I set the exposure reading to 10 seconds and bring up Kodak Tri-X the app says the exposure should be 12 seconds. However according to the Kodak pdf for Tri-X the adjusted exposure should be 50 seconds.

Seems to be right about tri-x, at least that should be a quick fix =) If apple approves it

Hey Guys. I'm away on a family holiday at the moment. I'll look into this when I get back to the office in 2 weeks.