Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Re: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Purchased and downloading right now. Great utility!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Bryan View Post
    Purchased and downloading right now. Great utility!
    Awesome Eric. Hope it works well for you!

Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post
    What films are available on this app? Will tryn o get this sooner
    The app currently supports the following films. There are one or two obvious omissions - Astia, Provia and Portra for example - this is because all my research indicates that reciprocity is of minimal concern with these or I have simply been unable to find useful data.
    The Tri-X times the app determines have been found to have some issues in the current release. These have been resolved and times that more accurately reflect Kodak's official data will appear in the next version. Along with a few other enhancements. I just need the time to complete it!

Velvia 50 (unfiltered)
    Velvia 50 (with magenta filter)
    Velvia 100F
    Provia 100F
    Ektar
    Efke 25/50
    Fomapan 100
    Fomapan 200
    Ilford HP5+
    Ilford Delta 100
    Ilford Pan-F+
    Ilford FP4+
    Ilford SFX 200
    Ilford XP2
    Kodak T-MAX 400
    Kodak T-MAX 100
    Kodak TRI-X
    Kodak PLUS-X
    Kodak Tech Pan
    Kodak T400 CN
    Kodak TMZ

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

Tried to use it yesterday. I was disappointed that the apertures stopped below what I wanted to use. I was wanting to use f/128 but when I realized I couldn't, I just opened up the calculator and figured out my exposure on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by michael slade View Post
    Tried to use it yesterday. I was disappointed that the apertures stopped below what I wanted to use. I was wanting to use f/128 but when I realized I couldn't, I just opened up the calculator and figured out my exposure on my own.
    Hi Michael. I'm not sure I understand your issue. The app does not have any apertures in it. Can you give me a clearer idea of what you were trying to achieve in case it's an issue I need to address in the program?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    Awesome Eric. Hope it works well for you!

The app currently supports the following films. There are one or two obvious omissions - Astia, Provia and Portra for example - this is because all my research indicates that reciprocity is of minimal concern with these or I have simply been unable to find useful data.
    The Tri-X times the app determines have been found to have some issues in the current release. These have been resolved and times that more accurately reflect Kodak's official data will appear in the next version. Along with a few other enhancements. I just need the time to complete it!

Velvia 50 (unfiltered)
    Velvia 50 (with magenta filter)
    Velvia 100F
    Provia 100F
    Ektar
    Efke 25/50
    Fomapan 100
    Fomapan 200
    Ilford HP5+
    Ilford Delta 100
    Ilford Pan-F+
    Ilford FP4+
    Ilford SFX 200
    Ilford XP2
    Kodak T-MAX 400
    Kodak T-MAX 100
    Kodak TRI-X
    Kodak PLUS-X
    Kodak Tech Pan
    Kodak T400 CN
    Kodak TMZ
    Wait I thought Acros 100 was supported? Has this changed? It's specifically what I use for long exposures because it has such good reciprocity characteristics and use it when I shoot 10 minute to 4 hour exposures... Thanks!

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

I guess I am using a different app called 'Reciprocity'. Let me download yours and check it out. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh yes, your app is much better. Well worth the price. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wait I thought Acros 100 was supported? Has this changed? It's specifically what I use for long exposures because it has such good reciprocity characteristics and use it when I shoot 10 minute to 4 hour exposures... Thanks!
    My understanding is that Acros has virtually no reciprocity up to 2 minutes and was then add 1/2 a stop. Does that sound correct? If so - I will add it in the next release ...
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    My understanding is that Acros has virtually no reciprocity up to 2 minutes and was then add 1/2 a stop. Does that sound correct? If so - I will add it in the next release ...
    :-)
    You are correct that it has no failure for 2 minutes, but I don't know after that, but the PDF for the film as the reciprocity chart in it (all the fuji pdf's seem to have it.

But I'm no good at math so having a chart would be great help after the 2 minute mark, right now I just "guess" lol

No worries Stone. Just PM me the chart you have and I'll see if I can do the math and include it in the next version. Be aware though that all reciprocity math after 2 mins is a bit sketchy as a film's characteristics may start to increasingly deviate from the expected math. If that makes sense!

I used this app yesterday when I was shooting a beach sunset. My stopwatch is in the shop for repairs, so I found the included timer on this app to be super useful.

Just wanted to say again, this is a kick-ass app and I've been sharing it with all my film friend