Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the house?

Re: Around the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott -- View Post
    Years ago, with the 5x12.

dresser00 by Scott --, on Flickr
    Wine, pants, cameras... What else do you need in life? Well, a few things, but it's good to see you have your priorities straight Scott.

Jan & Jody,

It's actually a Pioneer TX-9100. My dad had this tuner and its matching integrated amp when I was growing up. The light pattern and glow of the tuner always captivated me, and while I don't listen to all that much FM radio anymore, I find having the unit in front of me while I sit at the desk a great comfort. I had to search a while to find the exact model I grew up with, and then wait a while to find one that was affordable. These things seem to go for more money than you'd think.

This Pioneer model must have magic powers because my younger brother got himself one, too!

Jonathan

I much prefer photographing this scene (as lackluster as it is) to cleaning it all up. Every year at Thanksgiving I marvel at the lopsided ratio of cooking and cleaning time (multiple hours spread across a few days) to time spent actually consuming the meal (20 or so minutes). It's tradition and it's worth it, but man!

Kodak 2D 8x10, R. & J. Beck whole plate rectilinear, Kodak SO-277, ten minute exposure.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    I much prefer photographing this scene (as lackluster as it is) to cleaning it all up. Every year at Thanksgiving I marvel at the lopsided ratio of cooking and cleaning time (multiple hours spread across a few days) to time spent actually consuming the meal (20 or so minutes). It's tradition and it's worth it, but man!

Kodak 2D 8x10, R. & J. Beck whole plate rectilinear, Kodak SO-277, ten minute exposure.

Jonathan
    How true!

I love how you stopped to photograph the dishes Jonathan. The two Grandmothers at our house were too quick at the sink (I offered to do the cleaning, I really did). I did manage to make a quick picture of a raw, headless twenty pound turkey sitting in a deep, dark pan with his wings sticking out. It was pretty gruesome looking and I have high hopes for it. I would have loved to do it with my view camera but I felt bad holding up Thanksgiving for that long. Maybe next year.

Oh, how I wish I had two grandmothers to do the dishes! In all honesty, some of them are still sitting on the counter (the dishes, not the grandmas). Tomorrow is my day to wash the rest. We have no dishwasher other than me, so it's a hands on affair. Modern conveniences, you say? What modern conveniences?

Looking forward to the raw turkey photo, Austin.

Jonathan

I took this tonight of the chandelier hanging in our dining room, but for my whole life it was hanging in my grandmother's dining room in Santa Barbara. It is not my style, and if given the choice of this and ten others I would probably never choose it, but I am reminded of her each and every time I look at it.

Kodak 2D 8x10, 7" Aero Ektar, Kodak SO-277

Jonathan

Jonathan, I love these last few pics you've posted in this thread, especially the desk shot (funny story, I've got KRK speakers here too). I might do one of these myself
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Okay...I had an hour before I needed to go to work so I did it real quick. 47mm XL, Toyo GII, N-1, TMX+Rodinal

How many photographic items can you find?

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lee003 copy.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	84396