Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobo 3010 - which roller?

Jobo 3010 - which roller?

Which roller works the best with a 3010 drum? 4x5 negs, Tetenal chemistry, precise temp control possible. I'm in central Europe so I'm also wondering about potential problems with US devices, which seem to be in abundance on that big site. Thanks.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Re: Jobo 3010 - which roller?

The rollers have to be removed and place back in after rotating so that they stand higher for 3000 series tanks.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

retrogrouchy

Rookie: do you mean which rolling base can you use for the tank? Sticking with Jobo, the CPA-2, CPP-2 (both require Jobo-Lift accessory to support 3xxx drums) and ATL-2x00 series are compatible; CPE and ATL-1xxx are not compatible. There are plenty of Jobos in Europe (it being a German company!) and designed for 240V.

Sirius is talking about little plastic extenion legs for the rollers on CPA-2 and CPP-2 processors. For 1xxx tanks (small diameter), you use the extensions pointing inwards; for 2xxx tanks (medium diameter) you use no extensions and for 3xxx tanks (large diameter), the extensions point outwards.

As for non-Jobo processors, sorry, no idea. I use a CPP-2 and it does colour perfectly well.

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Sirius is talking about little plastic extenion legs for the rollers on CPA-2 and CPP-2 processors. For 1xxx tanks (small diameter), you use the extensions pointing inwards; for 2xxx tanks (medium diameter) you use no extensions and for 3xxx tanks (large diameter), the extensions point outwards.
    Exactly!

As for non-Jobo processors, sorry, no idea. I use a CPP-2 and it does colour perfectly well.
    That is what I use and it is of course great for black & white.

Steve

Sorry, should have clarified it a bit better - I meant the Uniroller and similar devices. Most readily available ones are built for US voltage. Do they operate without any problems if a transformer is used?

Re: CPA/CPP - budgetary constraints don't allow me to consider purchasing one at the moment.

Thumbs up Re: Jobo 3010 - which roller?

Quote Originally Posted by LF_rookie_to_be View Post
    Re: CPA/CPP - budgetary constraints don't allow me to consider purchasing one at the moment.

I picked up my CPP2 complete with bottles, graduate cyclinders, 1540 tank [no reels] and instructions for $150US last year on APUG. You just have to look carefully and move fast.

Steve

Hmm, over here (close to where they were made!) they seem to go for a bit more. Though I was lucky recently and picked up a Fujimoto (aka Lucky...) 450M-C w/ all 3 mixing boxes, 6 carriers and 7 spare bulbs for what you'd call peanuts. So, a 3010 on a Uniroller... Is this safe: Uniroller > voltage transformer > 220 V plug + a tweak to turn off bi-directional rotation?

retrogrouchy

You want the bi-directional rotation. Best if it does at least 2 revolutions before reversing though.

If using a stepdown transformer to run a 110V roller, the transformer should have a US-style output socket on it, which you plug the roller into. Don't replace the roller's US plug with a local 220V plug; it will tempt someone into plugging it straight into the wall and let all the magic smoke out.

The problem between Us and Europe is not the voltage, you can use a transformer, but the cyclage. Most of 50 cycles in 60 will burn out fast quickly by experience, the other way it just slows it down. In Europe JOBO's are expensive and their circuits mostly damaged for bad storage. I live is Asia and could not pick up a good one anywhere. I'm sorry I dumped mine, now they want 2000Euros for a CPP2 with a lift, no tanks...good luck with the rest, this one was very good!

You want the bi-directional rotation. Best if it does at least 2 revolutions before reversing though.

If using a stepdown transformer to run a 110V roller, the transformer should have a US-style output socket on it, which you plug the roller into. Don't replace the roller's US plug with a local 220V plug; it will tempt someone into plugging it straight into the wall and let all the magic smoke out.
    How about replacing the motor with a 220v?