Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New EBay conditions

Re: New EBay conditions

In addition Paypal give seller protection to just THREE countries in the world...USA, Canada and the UK. Don't be fooled into thinking that they'll cover you anywhere else.

"is delivery confirmation available on US Mail packages sent outside the US?
    I don't think so".

Yes it is, just use US Express mail for online tracking and delivery confirmation. It cost more but so does losing stuff in the mail.

Whenever this subject is brought for discussion, diverse opinions arise.
    I bought many things here, expensive ones (8x10", 7x17", Rollei SL66 and almost bought a 12x20", which would be brought to Brazil by a friend) as well as film and accessories.
    I think if everything was well packed and sent correctly, the risk to the buyer, via USPS, is minimal. I always arch with the paypal fees, because I think it exploits the seller.
    I've bought from eBay, from this forum, B & H, Freestyle, Mpex, Maco, etc. and have never had a package damaged or lost.
    I think this Forum's members are highly reliable people.
    Helcio

I am in a situation where I need to send cash to sellers. I live in Hong Kong because of the job but I also have a California address. Because I usually don't get a very positive response when I explain why my PP address is overseas but I need them to ship the stuff to the States I offer them cash right off. Sometimes shipping large format things half way around the world is too expensive. I haven't gotten ripped off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayt View Post
    I am in a situation where I need to send cash to sellers. I live in Hong Kong because of the job but I also have a California address. Because I usually don't get a very positive response when I explain why my PP address is overseas but I need them to ship the stuff to the States I offer them cash right off. Sometimes shipping large format things half way around the world is too expensive. I haven't gotten ripped off yet.
    If a buyer sends cash via FEDEX envelope, i will ship anywhere. i have before... I have also seen a confirmed address from Singapore. Might have been a major buyer/spender.... I have been ripped off twice in 8 years. They have been expensive lessons.

http://www.mikepic.com < check my website out and send me comment

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McLevie View Post
    Ebay has changed for me - an Australian. A very reliable buyer too I might add.

It used to be the case that I could still contact a seller who listed their stuff as 'US only'. Now I cant even contact them. I think the new policy is that when a seller says, 'US only' it also means you have to be in the US to be able to contact them.

What this means is I can't "encourage" someone who is a bit frail on the issue of overseas buyers.

What it also means is that the product will sell for less than it should've if left to an open market. Sometimes the difference can be more than 50% on a lot of LF gear. The decision to sell to the US only is amost invariably a financial decision. "Should I get half the money I could?"

Needless to say there are some who like it that way !! (You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink...)
    A lot of people don't like to sell out of the country becuase of shipping issues. It costs a lot more to ship out of the country and if there is a problem the buyer eats it. Like if it was damaged or if the buyers refuses shipment. This happens alot.