Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: needs ome help with this lens design

Re: needs ome help with this lens design

TSteven, do you think it's possible, that somebody else manufactured the objective, since most of the data was described in Puyo and Puligny's book?
    Marko

Re: needs ome help with this lens design

The brass work on my O dŽA looks very Darlotish with bayonet fittings and others I have seen in good photos , look like a Darlot product. We know that there were at least two sources of glass as one of the selling organisations after Darlot (Turillon succr. de A. Darlot) offered lenses from two sources (St-Gobain - the budget version and "1er Choix" the premium product). The difference in price was around 35%.

I don't know how much of the production of Darlot's lenses were made within the Darlot organisation. Companies in difficulties often use suppliers. So perhaps Darlot sub-contracted the brasswork and lens grinding and polishing? Which may have given the later makers the possibility of getting the same product that Darlot had ordered for a long time.

I was mistaken about the "large size" Od'A - it was the adjustable landscape that was made in 5x7, 8x10 and 10x12 versions.