Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Impresions - New Single Sheet Readyload Holder

First Impresions - New Single Sheet Readyload Holder

I've looked around but can't find a source for the new holder. Where did you get yours?

Kerry -

When you've had a chance to shoot and develop some film, could you post the exact dimensions in millimeters of the negative, and of the exposed image area? Also, whether the borders of the image are clean or have artifacts like ragged edges, sheet-film holder "ears", roll- holder "horns", or whatever...

Thanks...

David,

I got my holder directly from Kodak. I'm working on an article on packet films (both the new single sheet Readyloads and Fuji Quickloads) and have been getting my samples directly Kodak and Fuji. So, I'm not sure if/where/when they are/wi ll be available for retail sale. If I find out anything more, I'll post it here .

Oren,

Of course the outer dimensions won't change with the new holder, so using a chea p plastic ruler on one of the single sheet packets I shot in the double sheet ho lder, I get what looks like 100mm x 125mm. Placing the Kodak film on top of an exposed sheet of Velvia (Quickload), the two appear identical in terms of extern al dimensions. The labeling on the Kodak box just says "4x5 in. sheets". The F uji box says "10.2 x 12.7cm (4x5)", but unless my ruler is off, that's just a st raight conversion from the English 4"x5" to centimeters and not the "true" dimen sions of the film. I don't have one handy right now, but I'm pretty sure the Fu ji Quickload film is indentical in size to standard Fuji 4x5 sheet film and not undersized in any way.

WRT image area, once I get some film processed (probably Monday), I'll post the dimensions of the actual image area. I'll also try to scan a couple TXs full fr ame from single sheet Readyload holder, the double sheet Kodak holder - if it's any different, and the Fuji Quickload holder. Time permitting, I'll eventually try to add a sheet exposed in a conventional 4x5 holder for comparison. I'll sc an them all at 1:1 full frame for an accurate comparison. Might take me a while to get around to doing all of this, but it should give an idea how the image ar eas, shapes and borders vary for the different holders.

In the meantime, you might want to check out Paul Butzi's excellent film packet/ holder comparison at:

http://www.butzi.net/reviews/readyquick.htm

He doesn't have any info posted on the new single sheet holder (yet), but lots o f detail and measurements on the single sheet packets in the double sheet holder , as well as Fuji Quickloads and Polaroid holders. As far as I know, it's the m ost complete comparison of the various 4x5 packet films and holders available.

Kerry