Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Convertible Symmar 150/265 tested..

Re: Convertible Symmar 150/265 tested..

Quote Originally Posted by Vladik View Post
    Seems to me more like a motion blur. Look at the eaves, thereīs quite obvious double line, donīt you think? It wouldnīt be any wonder, if you need full extension of your camera.
    Agreed. Shaky tripod, perhaps?
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatias View Post
    Thank you for the "yellow tip"

I've been reading a bit about this subject and many opinions differ about this lens, for example. Some hate it, some say it is one of the sharpest lens. I understand the age problem, regarding optical qualities. It's a thing that, for now, must be "somehow" ignored. Even so, I would like to have nice results.

I found this Rodenstock Sironar N which uses a Prontor. I like this one because it is possible to make multiple exposures without touching the lens. What do you think about this one comparing in terms of optics with the Symmar?
    I am not sure what you mean by "not touching the shutter". The Prontor Professional is a self cocking shutter but you do need to still trip the shutter release for each exposure. Either by hand or with a cable release. Just like you would with a Copal or Compur or any other mechanical shutter. You just don't have to recock the shutter before each shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by "not touching the shutter". The Prontor Professional is a self cocking shutter but you do need to still trip the shutter release for each exposure. Either by hand or with a cable release. Just like you would with a Copal or Compur or any other mechanical shutter. You just don't have to recock the shutter before each shot.
    Sorry, I meant not having to touch the lens, because of the self cocking shutter. Because of that I use the cable instead of the hand!
    You're right!

Sorry, I meant not having to touch the lens, because of the self cocking shutter. Because of that I use the cable instead of the hand!
    You're right!
    You do know how the two cable release sockets on this shutter work?

For what I know, one is used when taking the picture and the other opens the shutter for focusing. Why?

For what I know, one is used when taking the picture and the other opens the shutter for focusing. Why?
    The second one also is the press focus to be able to view at taking aperture. As you press the cable release in that socket you will feel a slight detent and that is the taking aperture preview position. Press further and it is fully open for focusing and composing. It is much easier to use if you can also find the remote controller for the shutter. Then you just turn the knob to open aperture, open shutter or to taking aperture with open shutter of to shutter closed aperture at taking aperture, ready to fire. The other two positions block the shutter's release.

But what about the lens? Symmar Vs Sironar N?
    lol

But what about the lens? Symmar Vs Sironar N?
    lol
    Sironar-N covers 72 degrees at f22 at infinity. Symmar covers 69 degrees. You should like the N better.