Thread: Rescued some rescued stuff

Rescued some rescued stuff

A friend of mine works at the fine art college and I guess about a year and a half ago they threw almost everything out from their one remaining darkroom. He was describing a large tank he scrounged from the dumpster that looked like it could take about 4-5 rolls of film at once that he was going to give me. I suspected it was a large patterson tank. This was some of the stuff he found and he didn't know what any of it was. His wife's a jewelry maker and was using the expert print drum to hold pieces of scrap metal and they were going to use the expert 4x5 drum to tumble rocks!

He said, now that he remembers it, there was a machine with a LED screen on it that looked like it used these drums but he was on his bike and couldn't get it home. Shucks, it's too bad. There are about ten adjustable film reels for 135 to 120 film he has to scrounge up that he said he took home, too. He said they threw out probably a full pickup truck of perfectly good darkroom equipment. I can see why so many of the ACAD photography students were upset about the demise of the last darkroom.

The gallery he works at laid him off for the summer and he's without work until September so I promised to pay him for some of this stuff. Quite the find. I was pretty stoked to see this and sad at the same time.

Re: Rescued some rescued stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEsopenko View Post
    A friend of mine works at the fine art college and I guess about a year and a half ago they threw almost everything out from their one remaining darkroom. He was describing a large tank he scrounged from the dumpster that looked like it could take about 4-5 rolls of film at once that he was going to give me. I suspected it was a large patterson tank. This was some of the stuff he found and he didn't know what any of it was. His wife's a jewelry maker and was using the expert print drum to hold pieces of scrap metal and they were going to use the expert 4x5 drum to tumble rocks!

He said, now that he remembers it, there was a machine with a LED screen on it that looked like it used these drums but he was on his bike and couldn't get it home. Shucks, it's too bad. There are about ten adjustable film reels for 135 to 120 film he has to scrounge up that he said he took home, too. He said they threw out probably a full pickup truck of perfectly good darkroom equipment. I can see why so many of the ACAD photography students were upset about the demise of the last darkroom.

The gallery he works at laid him off for the summer and he's without work until September so I promised to pay him for some of this stuff. Quite the find. I was pretty stoked to see this and sad at the same time.
    Nice to see that some of it was rescued and is going to be put to use. ACAD had a decent setup, too bad it's gone

Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Walker View Post
    Nice to see that some of it was rescued and is going to be put to use. ACAD had a decent setup, too bad it's gone
    I'm working on a letter to the president of ACAD. There are a lot of people upset about the butchering of ACAD's darkroom. I suspect that this stuff was a donation from a studio made at a time when the faculty just didn't care about it.