Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: August 20th Dallas / Fort Worth LF outing

4x5 Is So Small. . . J.B. Harlin's Avatar

Re: August 20th Dallas / Fort Worth LF outing

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Young View Post
    I wish I could bring it with me. I detest hot weather. It is supposed to get a totally unreasonable 80 here today and that is WAY too hot for me. Photo chemistry, precision measuring laboratories, and Barry are all best at 68 degrees.

Barry
    At 10:28 am it was 100.6F. . . now at 2:09 pm it is 107.4F. . . I measured the cold water faucet yesterday in the darkroom and it was 91F, instant bath water. . . I agree, 80 is way to hot for humans to survive. ..

Has all attending been forwarded directions? I emailed directions, etc to Michael to send out a couple weeks ago. Tomorrow (Sat), I've got to japan some plates so we'll have something to shoot on.

What do you guys estimate as an arrival time?

I surely hope this proves to be a worth-while trip for you all. I don't really have a "lesson plan" or anything. I am not the best impromptu speaker either. So, please come with plenty of questions and conversation. Any woodworking conversation is welcome as well. We'll shoot a few images, hopefully getting good ones. I have my own camera and a 5x7 here along with some images and of course, my shop. Oh, and a miniature highboy I've started out of curly maple.

I am a bit worried about the trip being "dull" to some. I truly want everyone to leave feeling it was a 2 hour drive worth taking. I am excited about meeting people and hearing about what other people do.

Do not worry Ty. . . there is nothing 'dull' about this group, we always have a good time when we get together to talk photography! We are all very much looking forward to meeting you, seeing your work, your cameras, and hearing about what you do. I have never seen the wet plate process in person, though I have seen the images, and I know this will be extremely interesting. I will see Michael today and I will be sure to remind him to contact you so you two can work out the final details.

Again, we are all very excited about this gathering. . . this is going to be great!

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Harlin View Post
    At 10:28 am it was 100.6F. . . now at 2:09 pm it is 107.4F. . . I measured the cold water faucet yesterday in the darkroom and it was 91F, instant bath water. . . I agree, 80 is way to hot for humans to survive. ..
    Sorry J.B., I should not have complained about the weather, I know you are experiencing record highs right now. So if I cannot bring cool weather, is there something else that would be appropriate? I was thinking one of the film holders I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty G View Post
    Has all attending been forwarded directions? I emailed directions, etc to Michael to send out a couple weeks ago.
    Hello Ty:

If I was emailed directions, I no longer have them.

Thanks for asking before I had to.

Everyone will be mailed directions, etc. the week before we head east. I have experience with too many people losing things this far out!!!

Good evening all,

We have two spots opened up due to cancellations. If you are itnerested in this outing, please let me know by emailing me directly at michael@kan.com.
    I will send you directions etc.

ROAD TRIP! Is everyone ready for this weekend?

All, I just had one spot open up, if anyone else is interested ,please let me know

Ready, received the instructions (Thank you Michael) and will see you folks on Saturday if the GPS steers me in the right direction for a change. The only fear is the heat. 105 or so is way more heat than I am used to. Hope I don't have a stroke. My wife would be pissed.

Barry