Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seal dry mount presses

Seal dry mount presses

Hi everyone,

I'm considering the purchase of a Seal dry mount press but need more information than I've been able to obtain from the usual sources. I'm not near a store whe re I can inspect the merchandise before buying, and I certainly don't want to ha ve to return such a heavy object to the seller. Can anyone direct me to a Seal URL or sales catalogue where the various models are described in detail? Any ot her information, esp. concerning the most recent models, would be welcome also. At the moment I have my eye on the 160M. Thanks.

Seal dry mount presses

Nick: Go to the Dick Blick Art Supplies web site, then to the framing section and then to the dry mounting section. They have a couple of Seal dry mount presses in their catalog, including specs. Hope this helps.

Regaards,

Seal dry mount presses

If you're thinking of buying new, check Calumet. They recently advertised a 210M for a few hyndred less than regular price (but still not cheap). You can also look on e-bay, used presses are often offered for auction.

Seal dry mount presses

Nick,

I have had my 160M for about 7 or 8 years now. It's a real workhorse, and I've been extremely pleased with the results...no complaints (and I can be quite picky) I think you are considering an excellent choice.

Jim

Seal dry mount presses

Sometimes you can find these in swap meets for reasonable prices. I picked one up for about $200 that will do 16x20, and I've been quite pleased with it.

Seal dry mount presses

Nick:

http://www.sealbrands.com/websites/sealbrands/HWMN.nsf/Seal+Main? OpenFrameSet

Seal dry mount presses

Helix Photo in Chicago has a special on new Seal 210M presses for 799.99. I acquired one of these about a month ago. URL is http://www.helixphoto.com/home.html

Larry Burk

Seal dry mount presses

Larry, thanks for letting use know about Helix's price, I just ordered one this afternoon.

KGC Photo

Seal dry mount presses

Doug, Henry, Jim, Neil, Ken, and Larry: Thanks for the speedy and informative replies. The Helix sale price came as a complete surprise since I was considering spending substantially more on the smaller 160M. Like the preceding poster, I am especially grateful to you, Larry. Since posting my question, I've discovered the Seal telephone number in B&H's handy "Manufacturer's phone numbers for Tech Support and Repair Information." It's 888-240-6021; I found them helpful. Nick.

Seal dry mount presses

WOW! My 210M came today. Helix is awesome! I just ordered it on Sat.