Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft

Re: Aircraft

Bob,

2017 at Veterans Airport rides on a P51 were available as were many warbirds. I flew in a tiny twin engine low wing trainer and cannot find my pics or in cabin video.

I sat in 'coach' 6 seats as copilot seat cost far more.

The crosswind yaw was odd to experience. Smallest aircraft I have flown in.

I think the pilot was using Beech xx on radio, however I think the plane was British from 1938 used both as trainer and shuttle for officers in WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhoundbob View Post
    What a great story and great shots, Earl! Not only of the B-17, but the B-24 and P-51, among others. Nice!
    Tin Can

Randy, if I ever hit the lottery, a ride in a P-51 will be a must. I used to sketch WWII and Korean era allied planes while sitting in grade school classes. Maybe that explains my poor grades. I did get to sit in the top turret of a B-25 at Scott Air Force Base during a fourth grade field trip. Too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    My dad served in the Army Air Corps/Air Forces in WW2 as well, in a photo/darkroom unit attached to a B-17 reconnaissance squadron at RAF Alconbury. He never mentioned flying on a mission, but amongst his things were a number of 4x5 negatives of a mission in March 1944. I posted photos on Filmwasters about 18 months ago: http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=9290.0

For the aircraft with visible tail numbers in the photos, I made a list of squadrons and bomb groups as I could find them; see attached. If anyone would like higher resolution scan files of any of these, PM me.

Attachment 188395
    Wow! That's a cool photo post!

Okay, guys, we’ve enjoyed the sidebar, but this is an image-sharing thread.

Rick “too long without images” Denney

. . Stinson "Gullwing" Reliant. Oregon
    Stinson SR-8A?. "Gullwing Reliant" 1936?.
    Radial engine & prop detail. McMinnville, Oregon

. . Stinson "Gullwing" Reliant. Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr

Neg# ACAQ 413. KB Canham 8x20" camera, 335mm lens, YG filter, HP5 film. 2003

More here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/154287...h/40183048722/

Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhold Schable View Post
    . . Stinson "Gullwing" Reliant. Oregon

Reinhold
    Wow, that's a great shot!

. . Lockheed T-12 "Electra". 1938. Emelia Erhart Flew a T-10.
    . . Lockheed T-12 "Electra" by Reinhold S., on Flickr

Neg# ACAQ 420, Canham 8x20" camera, 335mm lens YG filter, HP5 film. 2003

More here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/154287...h/42960772410/

Reinhold

Jeffery Dale Welker

My father was a photographer in the Arizona Air National Guard from 1949 to 1965. After his death, I was blessed to inherit all of his negatives from a lifetime as a professional photographer. Many of his military photographs were taken with a USAF KE-12 4x5 camera - a Graflex Speed Graphic. I am in the process of curating all his negatives and the 4x5 negatives are a joy to scan. The image below was taken with dad's KE-12 and he used Ansco Superpan Press film. He was flying in the back seat of a Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star. He often told me it was his favorite airplane for making aerial images as you had a large canopy with lots of room to maneuver. This image is part of a series of air-to-air photographs he made of his squadron (197th FIS) prior to their transitioning from F-86L Sabres to the new Lockheed F-104 Starfighter. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Wow!

Sharp negs and scans!

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo22 View Post
    My father was a photographer in the Arizona Air National Guard from 1949 to 1965. After his death, I was blessed to inherit all of his negatives from a lifetime as a professional photographer. Many of his military photographs were taken with a USAF KE-12 4x5 camera - a Graflex Speed Graphic. I am in the process of curating all his negatives and the 4x5 negatives are a joy to scan. The image below was taken with dad's KE-12 and he used Ansco Superpan Press film. He was flying in the back seat of a Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star. He often told me it was his favorite airplane for making aerial images as you had a large canopy with lots of room to maneuver. This image is part of a series of air-to-air photographs he made of his squadron (197th FIS) prior to their transitioning from F-86L Sabres to the new Lockheed F-104 Starfighter. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

I saw this on Instagram but it's great to see it much larger here! Really cool photo!

I have a KE-12 with blacked-out lens board and matching black Kodak Ektar. It would certainly be interesting to know what photos it took.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome