Thread: Jobo ATL fill temp

pramm

Jobo ATL fill temp

I have an old ATL2200 that I think should fill from the tempered source. However, the fill water is is coming from the cold inlet. In contrast, the rinse temperature is correct and I assume that comes from the tempered line.

The inlet connections are correct. I get around it by pouring in a few litres of hot water during the fill and then letting the processor heat up the rest of the way. Does anyone else have experience with this problem?

Re: Jobo ATL fill temp

I posted the same question a couple days ago. I just purchased and set up an atl 2300 and was concerned about the same thing. Greg Blank weighed in to say that fill from the non tempered connection is normal. I still don't understand why it doesn't utilize the tempered line to speed things up but it doesn't.

It does heat the bath up once filled pretty quickly though. All in all, a pretty sweet machine.

www.timeandlight.com
    Last edited by John Brady; 8-Apr-2011 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brady View Post
    I still don't understand why it doesn't utilize the tempered line to speed things up but it doesn't.

www.timeandlight.com
    Two separate soleniods, two separate paths and the requirement that if the processor begins to get too hot like in the summer months that it can bring in cold water to bring the process temperature back in line rapidly with the preset value.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

pramm

Sorry I missed the earlier topic. I'm pleased the unit is doing what it is supposed to. It does do a fine job, though I am nervous about how long that will last. I will certainly hate to buy another 3005 drum if this one cracks.

By the way, have you noticed that Ilford 1L DD-X bottles are exact replacements for the 1L Jobo supply bottles?

Hama, is a large supplier of plastic bottles, located in Germany I would bet Jobo probably contracted them to make the original ones.

Quote Originally Posted by peter ramm View Post
    Sorry I missed the earlier topic. I'm pleased the unit is doing what it is supposed to. It does do a fine job, though I am nervous about how long that will last. I will certainly hate to buy another 3005 drum if this one cracks.

By the way, have you noticed that Ilford 1L DD-X bottles are exact replacements for the 1L Jobo supply bottles?
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com