Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Field Camera Can Take Extreme Wide Angle Lenses?

What Field Camera Can Take Extreme Wide Angle Lenses?

We can mail brochures on the Technikas in the US and the factory can mail them to anyone outside the US.

The price is what your dealer sells it for since we are a distributor and not a retailer.

The movements of the 2000 are exactly the same as the Master Technika. The difference is that instead of a built-in rangefinder the 2000 has a built-in wide angle focusing sysytem in the body. The Master needs an accessory wide angle focusing device for lenses from 55 to 65 and can't properly use shorter lenses without losing alignment.

Thanks, Bob. If I refer to my Tech V, there are no direct lens shift or fall ava ilable and very limited lens rise. All movements other than lens rise must be accomplished by pulling the back extensio ns and working with front and back swings and tilts. Feasible but rather off-putting. The camera is right for straight photography though, and an excellent allrounder. Very stable with long lenses.

"Thanks, Bob. If I refer to my Tech V, there are no direct lens shift or fall av ailable and very limited lens rise. All movements other than lens rise must be accomplished by pu lling the back extensions and working with front and back swings and tilts. Feasible but rather off-putting. The camera is right for straight photography though, and an excellent allrounder. Ve ry stable with long lenses. "

Take another look at your V. The accessory shoe on top of the camera is unscrewe d with a large nut just inside the body. That leaves a tripod socket on top of the body so you can mount the camera that way and get lens drop rather then rise.

All V and Master technika cameras have front shift. Why doesn't yours?

Look at the Canham DLC as well. With the Technika to Canham board adapter and the recessed linhof board for the 47mm Super Angulon I've had no problems and enough movements on the front and rear. I cannot speak directly to the situation for the 35mm APO Grandagon.

There is also the ArcaSwiss FC camera.

I just read the review of the Walker XL camera in "View Camera" and as most impressed. As long as you don't need rear movements or ever want to use lenses longer than 150mm, it sounds like a fine choice.

"I just read the review of the Walker XL camera in "View Camera" and as most imp ressed. As long as you don't need rear movements or ever want to use lenses longer than 150 mm, it sounds like a fine choice. "

Or do macro or close ups.

All V and Master technika cameras have front shift. Why doesn't yours?

Oh yes it has! But with a 90mm and below the front shift can be from none to a m ax of 10 mm, average 5 mm depending on the front standard position between the two arms. Is the 2000 any b etter in that respect?

As for the flying upside down camera, yes, this provides even a shelter for the lens in the rainy days!