Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for William Linne...no accusations what so ever

multiplex

Re: Looking for William Linne...no accusations what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    This is truly sad, maybe he is sick or has passed away? If the post office has not received the money order via bank transaction, would that not be a sign that says he never made it to the bank?

I remember a few years back when we lost a member on this site suddenly and no one knew until someone read it in the newspaper and then posted it here.
    i know ...
    i hope he is OK ...

i hope that is not the case, god forbid.

I dont know if it was cashed yet, thatll take the PO a couple days to get back to me.

yea this is the place to track down dead beats... ebay sellers that dont do what they say they are going to do.... and yes Paypal does protect purchases made from a private seller.... or maybe you could use western union to send money ... i hear thats safe lol lol .. i bet next time you use Paypal.... what about a LF question? or something interesting on the art of photography. Call the sheriff of where the guy lives and make a criminal complaint ... or file in small claims court... Its better than having fellow photographers track him down for you... There are some resources online that track people .. call the guy

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

I know some guy here in Boston who can deliver a broken knee around CONUS in less than 72 hours.
    JUST KIDDING!

lol the confusion is i keep hearing how stand up of a guy he is, and his list of things sold on here is extremely long. ive been told he can take weeks to deliver things without communication but that doesnt justify it. ill wait to hear back from the PO about the money order.

send him a flat rate priority envelop with a letter inside. use signature confirmation and see if he signs for it and receives it. i say a priority envelop because a letter with the same type of signature stuff looks like an official "some one is coming for you or you are being served for something"

i had two dealings with william. both were a long process with little or no communication. both took like 6-7 weeks for me to get my stuff. one really got me going as i was slow to get the MO out.....he asked me to express it to him...i did....then after that i waited over a month to get my item. the payment was express but my item was a month+ is coming. one item was like 1400$ and the other 400$ or so.

i believe your scanner will eventually show up. but how long i do not know. today is 1 month from your last PM. so it looks like you are coming into the time frame that your item will show up in. his profile also says the last time he was logged into this site was feb 10th.

follow the MO lead. they usually make you wait 2 months to get your money if it is lost of stolen. if someone other than bill cashes it you can get your money back as well. i disagree with the above poster about using MO. i know a guy that has bought over $50,000 of collectibles using MO.....he got burned once. i use them as well. so far so good. i send them priority mail and if they are for a lot of money i send them signature required so i can "see" them arrive.

keep us posted.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

thank you eddie, will do.

i got your pm where you said he takes a while as well, the funny thing is his last PM was him saying he would ship he scanner out that day. well see. im going to file the MO inquiry today since i have time to make it to the PO.

Just an Update

since i dont have the top stub of the MO, only the printout from my bank statement, it doesnt have serial number so theres no way to track it via the finance #.

I am still trying to get in contact with Linne, so any help would help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrkauffman View Post
    Just an Update

since i dont have the top stub of the MO, only the printout from my bank statement, it doesnt have serial number so theres no way to track it via the finance #.

I am still trying to get in contact with Linne, so any help would help.

Thanks
    Did you buy a Postal MO and not keep the receipt or the MO serial stub?
    You have got to have the MO number for proof-of-purchase or the post office has no proof that you paid for it. Check the post office for a copy of the receipt as it should have the MO serial number on it.

i DID buy a postal MO and i DID NOT keep the stub. i remember keeping it for about 2 weeks and then throwing it out. bad choice on me, too much trust i guess.

I have proof of purchase since on my bank of america statement is clearly shows "USPS money order" and the finance number on it. Im goign to the actual post office i bought it at tommorow mornign to see if they can find any records via my ID.

at this point, of course i am upset about the money but im also worried about william. i dont exactly expect an older gentleman whos been on here alot with a lot of feedback to all of a sudden scam me.