Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from France !

Hi from France !

Hello,

I'm Thomas and live in France, in the suburb of Paris but planning to move in Lille.

I've been photographing since very young, with an old Voigtländer Vito CSR camera, and always wanted to make my own B&W when I was 16 ! At the age of 21, I had to move to Paris to get a job and forgot about photography until I bought a Sony DLSR. Using this too much automated camera made me get back to use my old Nikkormat and making my old dream come true: developing and enlarging myself my pictures ! What a pleasure. Since then, I sold my Sony-shit, bought a Leica and a Minolta Autocord, making me a happy user/collector.

Now I'm planning to get into large format. I'll buy a Linhof Technika III with a Color Skopar lens to a friend next month, and I wanted to read a little bit about the technique. Actually, I don't know anything about how to make pictures with a LF camera, but I want to learn. Gotta get some Ansel Adams books very soon, but maybe can I learn some details here and then put them together to make my mind.

Anyway, I'm pleased to read your forum and to see the great photographs made by members !

Re: Hi from France !

Welcome to group therapy! Seems like I remember a few other posters here from your neck of the woods.

Thanks a lot Vick ! Seeing your message, I looked for french people and it seems there are some

hi guy ,

you can have all the info you need on the best french LF photo forum :galerie-photo.com

best regards

Oh thanks, I didn't know this site for its forum ! Anyway I'll continue to follow this one which seems very interesting.

Welcome to the forum, Thomas.

Thanks a lot Charles.

Hello again,

It's time a update this introduction a bit, as a few years have passed and never came to large format until a few months ago. I've bought the Linhof described in my first introduction and used it a bit. I also get interested in earlier european plate cameras and lenses. I love to use my 9x12cm Ihagee Zweiverschluss with its Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 15cm f/3.5. The Technika has also been upgraded to a Master Technika.

Kind regards

Welcome

I have one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by frost242 View Post
    Hello again,

It's time a update this introduction a bit, as a few years have passed and never came to large format until a few months ago. I've bought the Linhof described in my first introduction and used it a bit. I also get interested in earlier european plate cameras and lenses. I love to use my 9x12cm Ihagee Zweiverschluss with its Meyer Görlitz Trioplan 15cm f/3.5. The Technika has also been upgraded to a Master Technika.

Kind regards
    Tin Can

Welcome to the forum!