Thread: Sinar booster probe

pramm

Sinar booster probe

I am struggling with a booster probe 1 in a P2 8 x 10. The Flashmeter IV seems fine,and gives about the same readings as my Sekonic. With the probe connected, however, things go wrong.

For example, today I read 60 sec exposure on a bright area of the GG and 20 sec exposure on a dark area. Assume the meter is set correctly and the GG is shielded from extraneous light.

Anyone know how to test a booster probe?

Re: Sinar booster probe

Quote Originally Posted by peter ramm View Post
    I am struggling with a booster probe 1 in a P2 8 x 10. The Flashmeter IV seems fine,and gives about the same readings as my Sekonic. With the probe connected, however, things go wrong.

For example, today I read 60 sec exposure on a bright area of the GG and 20 sec exposure on a dark area. Assume the meter is set correctly and the GG is shielded from extraneous light.

Anyone know how to test a booster probe?
    How do you work with the probe. I have attached the manual for the probe and the Minolta Flashmeters.

Hope that helps,
    Johannes

pramm

Re: Sinar booster probe

OK, I put a VTVM across the output of the probe. Wiggling the cheap plastic jack that goes into the meter caused voltage to come and go. Bought a new jack at Radio Shack and it it is now stable.

I really do like being able to just position the probe, take a reading, and forget about all of the filter factors and bellows extensions. Where did I put that reciprocity table?