Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x5 enlarger

4x5 enlarger

You know at some of the prices involved, I could buy a new scanner, an updated copy of my Photoshop software and a new computer to use it and never have to align again. It makes me wonder.

4x5 enlarger

Call around and try to find a Durst or Devere. Jump on a Devere if you find one...the focus and magnification controls are mounted under the table (at waist level), so you have no more reaching over your head to focus a big print. Huge convenience, but make sure it has everything you need when you buy it, because extra parts are pricey (lensboards, negative carriers, timers).

~~Eric

multiplex

4x5 enlarger

ep levines in boston has a ton of enlargers just waiting for someone to buy. they have d2 and d3s. i don't think they have them listed on their website ( http://cameras.com ) and i know they will ship pretty much anywhere. goodluck!

4x5 enlarger

I just bought an old D6 on Ebay. It was very poorly packed, so if you get one this way make sure you insist that it's professionally packed, or pick it up yourself if possible. Luckily these things are tanks, and as long as nothing is bent, they're easy to align. Mine cost $280, and a lens turret with a set of mediocre lenses cost another $100. Even with those, I've made some handsome enlargements. With a good lens, I'll do even better. I'm very happy with the D6.

4x5 enlarger

I got a Durst L1000 with color head and a Schneider Componon 150-S for $100. All the masks and diffusor boxes from 135mm to 4"x5" and glass-plates included. Maybe I was just lucky, but the pros. are throwing their gear away for nothing these days. Watch your lokal newspapers and internet adds.