Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Fujinon 1200mm F24 Lens Found!!!

Re: Fujinon 1200mm F24 Lens Found!!!

8x10 Sinar Norma Long Apo Ronar 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Further work this morning on my 8x10 Sinar Norma. In my studio man cave, my Plaubel Peco Profia Camera Stand is definately the way to go. It goes easily and quickly from lowest to my ten foot studio ceiling. It is in a bit of rough condition, needs some rust cleaned form the column, and needs a replacement floor wheel, which I have found difficult to find. It is a European double caster of unique design. McMaster Carr and the internet so far no luck. In my storage boxes I found a modern Sinar Bar for the Rail Clamps. These are expensive new, IIRC I paid $40 or $50 and was happy with that. This morning I went out into my workshop and removed some steel pins using vise and center punch/hammer. I think I will keep the modern Sinar black Knobs on the Rail Clamps, now I can slide the Norma Clamps back and forth super easily to precisely balance the cameras. They look OK on the Norma. Finally I will paint the black bar with Sinar Norma Green oil paint. The Red Stabilizing Rods up top are incredibly difficult to find, and even more more rare, are the Screw In Clamps for the stabilizing rods.

This is my 760mm F14 Rodenstock Apo Ronar, Glenn Evans forward mounted the lens for me. Here set up with the 5x7 Intermediate Standard, and the 8x10 to 5x7 Special Norma Bellows, custom made for me, by Keith at Custom Bellows. Camera set up for extreme close-up, about an 8x10" test target. See also the Norma 8x10 Sinarsix TTL Meter, and also the 8x10 Bag Bellows and Norma Monocular. So this is fully tricked out for my studio use. My new to me 1000mm F16 is not such a stretch, another 4x5 Norma Bellows will get me there. And then one more, for the Compendium Hood and Auxilary Standard.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 3-Dec-2023 at 10:06.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Drew Wiley

Is that genuine Sinar black masking tape I see around the lens, or one of Norma's old black sox?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    That’s great! Amazing find— how are you thinking you’ll use it? It seems hard to use in the field without a complex setup (2 tripods perhaps) and the bellows extension makes it very sensitive to wind. I’ve always wondered how these really long lenses get used in practice (I’m aware of a few famous photographers that have used them but they’re not a common thing to deploy).
    I am going to be retiring from work soon. I will be buying a 20X24 ULF camera as a retirement gift to myself. I plan to use this Fujininon-A 1200mm with that. I like outdoor scenic photography. Mostly at infinity, but some closer up. I have a few ARTAR lenses I plan to use as well. I'll update once I get some photos with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LH1H17 View Post
    Quick stats:

Fujinon A 1200mm f/24, 6 lenses in 4 groups, 50 degree coverage for 1120mm image circle, in Copal #3, 102mm front filter size and single coated.

I currently own three samples of the A 600mm f/11 lens but this is the first time I've seen the 1200mm! The only one left on my watch list now is the 300 SW.
    I don't know if you are still active on this thread since you made this post in 2010. I recently was lucky enough to acquire a Fujinon-A 1200mm. The literature is incorrect about it taking a 102mm front filter. Mine takes a 95mm X1 front filter. It is indeed single coated.