Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Canham Comes Through - 8x10 T Max Available

Re: KB Canham Comes Through - 8x10 T Max Available

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Armin, Where do you get Acros 100 and 400 in sheet film? I never heard of Acros 400.
    I also would love to shoot 8x10 Acros, but it is not available in the U.S. now as far as I know.

If your serious about your work shooting one emulsion has decided advantages instead of constantly testing new emulsions every month. When i last bought film i bought 600 dollars worth.

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    All of you are the problem. If everyone bought what they would use over a reasonable period of time, say 2 months, demand would be very easy to predict and it would probably be available off the shelf. Perhaps the special order system is the only reasonable way fro them to cope with such a lumpy demand curve. Really, you are not a very rational lot and I can understand why they dont listen much to you. Like the boy that cried wolf. Ya just grumble, grumble, grumble.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Looks like I beat everyone to the punch. I received my Adorama order today for the full 9999 boxes. Since it is the Christmas season, I will be selling it for $100 per box. PM me if interested.

Just kidding. Adorama cancelled my order indicated that the "product is discontinued by manufacturer."

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    If your serious about your work shooting one emulsion has decided advantages instead of constantly testing new emulsions every month. When i last bought film i bought 600 dollars worth.
    Greg,

I couldn't agree more.

Jay,

I'm not interested in "saving" TMY-2 for all the others, I'm only interested in saving it for myself. Since Kodak likely won't be making it the next time I need to purchase it, I figure I should put enough in the freezers to last me a damn good long time. The trouble comes with trying to forcast personal film consumption a decade or two from now. So in 2030, keep an eye out for me, I'll be the guy with the digi around my neck.

Happy Holidays to all the LF shooters out there,
    John

Well said John. I can perhps be naive but not enough to think that Kodak will continue to make TMY-2 in 8x10 just because we get a special order going.

I am stocking up to have enough for a long time.

I, too, agree with John.

In fact, we spoke about this very point earlier today: If a LF photographer wants to protect his investment (camera, lenses, etc.), he'd better be somewhat aggressive in his film purchases. One box per year was fine until the firm and widespread acceptance of digital photography. Now, the photographer has to anticipate his film needs, as best he can, several years going forward. And this strategy is especially true for those of us using ULF cameras.

This is the reality we now face, whether we like it or not.

Happy holidays to one and all,

BILL

Quote Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
    Greg,

I couldn't agree more.

Jay,

I'm not interested in "saving" TMY-2 for all the others, I'm only interested in saving it for myself. Since Kodak likely won't be making it the next time I need to purchase it, I figure I should put enough in the freezers to last me a damn good long time. The trouble comes with trying to forcast personal film consumption a decade or two from now. So in 2030, keep an eye out for me, I'll be the guy with the digi around my neck.

Happy Holidays to all the LF shooters out there,
    John

On a personal note, I've always looked at Photography as a Hobby/Passion. I receive great satisfaction from the process. I love being in the outdoors with my cameras. I enjoy the fellowship of other LF/ULF photographers, we share a common bond. Lord knows I've dropped a small fortune on photo gear, but I've never anticipated a "financial" return on my "investment." I view this as "pre-funding" my retirement. I look forward, with great anticipation, to future photo trips, meeting up with friends, attending workshops, exposing film, developing film, proofing the negatives and perhaps hanging a few on the walls.

Perhaps, more than any of the above, I look forward to sharing the magic with my grandchildren. I fully expect my LF cameras and lenses to pass down a few generations. "This camera belonged to your grandfather's, grandfather, it's part of who he was." That's the "return" I anticipate on my investment. I'm pretty sure those of us looking to stockpile film for the next decade or two would share similar feelings.

Best Wishes,

I have removed Jay's post and related posts.

I err on the side of being respectful to the feelings of others.

It's best to follow the forum guidelines, which encourage us to "...maintain a respectful and professional decorum."

Jay is a wonderful contributor here. We're lucky to have him.

Even if we don't perceive a statement as offensive or inflammatory, we need to consider whether others might.
    Last edited by Ken Lee; 24-Dec-2010 at 02:55.

Very well done Ken. I was hoping that this would take place as soon as I read the post. I was going to reply but did not want to step in it.

The common sense should kick in well before one hits the "Post Reply" button, but that is what moderators are here for.

Just to give everyone a heads up, we are currently over 60% of the way to completing the 8x10 TMY Special Order. Thanks to all that have contacted me and stepped up.

For those of you that are sitting on the sidelines, now is the time to stand up and get with the program because this bus is heading out of the station in order mode right after the first of the year when I turn this over to Keith Canham and who knows when the next trip will be scheduled?

Merry Christmas!