Im going to acquire a 4x5 field camera, but as I have no experience in using th em, I have to make my selection based on what I read (no one in this town will r ent them, and I dont know anyone who uses one). My selection is narrowed to the new, metal Canham DLC or the Wisner (Technical, Expedition, or the Pocket Exped ition). Since the Canham offers greater flexibility for wide-angle lenses and ca n handle equally long lenses, the only other factors I see involve the method of tilting the camera front and Wisners patented rising back. (Of course, there h as been some negative discussion on your site about the lens boards for the Canh am) What are the advantages/disadvantages of on-axis vs. base tilt for the front of the field view camera? Im under the impression that no refocusing is required w hen on-axis tilt is used, while its clear that refocusing is required if base t ilt is used. Is this true, and if so, does it really matter when one is actually setting up ones camera to take a picture in terms of time saved or ease of com position? My questions about Wisners patented rear rise and tilt are similar: f irst, does one really do much of that in "nature" photography, and second, is it just a minor convenience, or does it really amount to something in terms of get ting the photo that one wants? Thanks for considering these matters.