Thread: Durst Bulbs

Durst Bulbs

I thought this would fit in my Durst 138 but when taking it out to clean realized the threaded part is over sized, about 1.5 times the size of the PH 212 I use now.

Anyone recall this oldie?

thanks,

Re: Durst Bulbs

Looks like an E39 base; this adapter might work:
    http://www.bulbtown.com/MEDIUM_E26_T...GER_p/d350.htm

Maybe you just discovered the 'secret' Durst lamp-replacement mentioned here:
    http://www.glennview.com/durst.htm

You get your choice of 2 bulbs for $100. Because you will learn about which bulbs you may buy new and how to use them, this will be a final sale. Along with the bulbs, you will get a little bit of information about how to use them or any other condenser bulbs and heads. You will learn why I altered these bulbs and how you may be able to alter similar bulbs. You will learn that you may buy and use unaltered new bulbs, albeit with slightly less quality than my slightly altered bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Looks like an E39 base; this adapter might work:
    http://www.bulbtown.com/MEDIUM_E26_T...GER_p/d350.htm

Maybe you just discovered the 'secret' Durst lamp-replacement mentioned here:
    http://www.glennview.com/durst.htm

I don't know enough about 220 lamps to know, but I wonder if the fotog that had this could have had a 220 by mistake?
    It is smaller in diameter than my Durst 138 and 184 condensor bulbs, but only by a touch.

He did not seem to have anything in a single, except this bulb. There is no writing on the bulb and it was in a box with PH212 and 213.

I am too curious for my own good at times.

Tungsten bulbs are scheduled to be discontinued in 2012 in the US. Anyone stocking up on various darkroom bulbs which will soon disappear?

I believe they are no longer for sale in the EU.

I use low voltage halogens and 212s. Anyone know what the alternatives might be?

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    Tungsten bulbs are scheduled to be discontinued in 2012 in the US. Anyone stocking up on various darkroom bulbs which will soon disappear?

I believe they are no longer for sale in the EU.

I use low voltage halogens and 212s. Anyone know what the alternatives might be?

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    I don't think people will not stand for that. Setting up the average US home with $7 to $15 CFL bulbs that last about 1/2 to 1/3 the hours of incandescents will drive people mad. I have them in my basement but I'm going to get rid of them. It won't be hard because the electronics in them fry pretty quickly.

I guess the other option is to convert one's home to the tried and true 'standard' fluorescents and skip the junk screw-in compact units.

Either way, if that is true I'm going to get a lifetime worth of standard bulbs for my home and all my electronic equipment.

Hmm, we have been using CFL's around our house for years and most have lasted all that time, all in the more used (read that as on a lot). We also have them at much better prices around here. The only places we don't use them are in places where safety is an issue, such as stairways, where you want the max light right from the go.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Hmm, we have been using CFL's around our house for years and most have lasted all that time, all in the more used (read that as on a lot). We also have them at much better prices around here. The only places we don't use them are in places where safety is an issue, such as stairways, where you want the max light right from the go.
    Now you have me thinking. Maybe its my use of them that fries them. The basement is the darkroom, so they get 20 to 50 or so cycles on-off in a typical printing session. Maybe they would be OK in 'standard' home usage, I have not put any of them upstairs in the rest of the house to know.

guess it's apples and oranges but over here (The Netherlands) these CFL bulbs seem to last forever (when I bought my house 10 years ago there were several installed, hughe ugly beasts, slow to start, low light output but they are still there because they still work)

Nowaday these CFLs are not expensive any more, and about to be taken over by even more energy saving LED lamps..

Best,

Cor

hallo

there they produce opalbulbs but only 100 and 150 and 250 watt i think.
    look in the catalogue.
    http://www.dr-fischer-gmbh.de/index....h=1&DBereich=1

thomas
    vfdkv 259