Page 336 of 406 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 4060

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by tigger_six View Post

As for the "sedated or just depressed" comment, I'd suggest the poster tries to shoot with some good models to see- They will try to keep straight faces throughout the shoot because laughing looks rarely good on photos due to wrinkles and due to the fact that laughing is very dynamic - if you freeze it it rarely looks natural. In fact, if you shoot with an inexperienced friend or a inexperienced model, a good chunk of the shoot is waiting until everyone stops laughing.
    I am not sure I agree here - the two Pictures attached are both LF - the very close up is 4x5 and the smiling girl is 18x24cm (paper neg). Albeit not nude they show it can be done... depending on the model.. some can't do it - some can..

I think the issue is in another place - at least it is to me.
    Having nude models look serious, I feel them often as figures more than persons. Making them smile/laugh I get a feeling og personality; as if I should know them.

And for most of my images when nude, I prefer them to be anonymus...

does it make sense?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smil.jpg   smil2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    Demographic of where I live is pretty limited. 99% of the girls on model mayhem where I live don't do nudes

try posting a casting call for a paid shoot

when I do that..about 60 percent of those responding have 'no nudes' ticked on their profile

I think many do because they get asked to pose 'met-art' or 'hustler' style a lot

if they see your work is respectful and 'artistic' many will pose..esp if a little $$ is thrown their way

Alex,

I'm not suggesting you do a life shift and move to a place where a lot of girls live like did Toulouse-Lautrec to find nude models, instead, a reproduction of a good shot made by you hanged in an art, model or even an dance school could do the trick, Showing some money for a by-hour appointment can help

Cheers,

Renato
    Last edited by RSalles; 29-Dec-2015 at 12:23.

I don't see a problem with looking bored or sullen. Along with that, serious, thoughtful, emotional poses are all straight from human nature. I try to photograph the models as the people they are, even when doing figure work.

What I can't get into are degrading images or those that are trying to blatantly sell something, whether themselves or a completely separate commodity. That, for me, is exploitation too. I guess I view the entire advertising industry that way to some extent.
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

great work on your website David, really good stuff

regards

andrew

Very much appreciated Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    great work on your website David, really good stuff

regards

andrew
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

you're extremely welcome David

best

andrew

Nude

Long exposure with an unknown reciprocity with quickly fading light and with a friend and model who couldn't quite sit still haha

Kelsey Dylan Against a Tree 2 - Portrait of a Girl Unfettered by Foolish Dreams.

300mm 8x10 Portra100T@400 f/8.5@24s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451433944.793402.jpg 
Views:	1228 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	144137
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 29-Dec-2015 at 17:32. Reason: Forgot format size

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    I think it should be an automatic three week ban for anyone that bitches or engages in the bitching that happens in this thread.

I'm totally open to copping that ban myself for putting that idea out there

edit: Also, I'm having a really hard time finding models to pose nude where I live. I don't know if it's the local culture or demographic. I've put out many fliers and messages on facebook in models groups and just seem to get no bites.. tried art schools and the rest of it... no luck. How do you do it?
    Hi Alex,

I've been shooting nudes for a little over a year now, so still reasonably new at it, and my geographic situation might be a little different, but here are some of the things I've found helpful:
    - The most helpful for me have been the local models - who all seem to know each other around here. Ask them who else in the area they would recommend. I've met some great folks that way.
    - Our local photography school keeps a notebook full of models who shoot nudes - might be worth checking with your local schools if you haven't already (couldn't tell if you posted fliers at the schools or inquired of the school).
    - Several local photo studios hold figure workshops and "models in residence" where models will come in to shoot in studio for a couple of days. I've met a couple of models in workshops whom I have later hired for shoots. I've found this particularly useful since you'll have some idea if the model is someone you want to work with for a particular project and they'll have some clue who you are when you contact them. It might be worth looking into whether local studios are doing anything interesting.

I hope that helps!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    Attachment 143359

Improbable Girl

Arista EDU400 in Pyrocat-MC; Galli Meniscus lens f/5.5
    Love the glow!