Page 231 of 406 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 4060

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by life_in_sepia View Post
    Yes, Mark. The live/work space I'm in has a 20-foot ceiling. One end has a roll-up door that opens up nearly to the ceiling. I got an old parachute and pulled it across the opening at about 7 feet, for privacy. I shoot inside in the shade, near the opening.

I have found that exposure times for collodion are highly inconsistent. There are a number of variables in the chemistry, including the age of the base collodion stock, the age of the mixed collodion stock, and the strength of the developer being used. The mix I'm using now seems to be a tad on the slow side. Of course the available UV light can also fluctuate greatly day to day, and even shot to shot (which was killing me in Yosemite for the octotych).

If I were shooting this in full direct sun, I would guess it at about one second.

Thanks for the feedback! Ed
    Ok I thought maybe you were outside ( being a motorcycle involved) and thought you did a 20 second exposure outside in the shade and thought "WOW" I don't think I've ever done even 10 seconds at night with a light. Then again I'm thinking my troubles I started having after 50 or so pictures was that I was using a red Party bulb ad maybe it finally burnt off its coating or something

I went with Mortensen lighting on this one: one 600W lamp and that's it.

Kodak 2D 8x10 w/5x7 back, 240mm Hugo Meyer Doppel Anastigmat, Gevaert Ultra Panchro (expired 1944).

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post

Kodak 2D 8x10 w/5x7 back, 240mm Hugo Meyer Doppel Anastigmat, Gevaert Ultra Panchro (expired 1944).

Jonathan
    Now we're talking! :-) nice... Is that 3 5x7's stitched?
    I also would like to see one with her left leg pulled up a bit in an angle, the secrets offcourse still covered in shadows but so much more teasy :-) am I nagging too much? :-)
    Tom Keymeulen

It's been fascinating watching you build this body of work, Jonathan! Don't stop, you're on a roll!

Jonathan
    This is the first really successful one and the best photo in recent memory on this thread. Most of the nudes have been slavish copies of classics but this one is yours, you own it and it works.

And I am quite cynical and stingy with my compliments! Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by D-tach View Post
    Now we're talking! :-) nice... Is that 3 5x7's stitched?
    I also would like to see one with her left leg pulled up a bit in an angle, the secrets offcourse still covered in shadows but so much more teasy :-) am I nagging too much? :-)
    It is in fact three 5x7 sheets conjoined. The bedroom is only ten by ten feet so I couldn't get any farther back from the bed, and a wide angle perspective was not what I was looking for, so I went for a triptych instead.

As for the suggestion to have her move her left leg, that is welcome. I am new to portraits in general and this is the first full length nude I've ever done, so there is lots of room for improvement. I was too busy worrying about lighting and framing to think about the pose itself in great detail. Next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Gomena View Post
    It's been fascinating watching you build this body of work, Jonathan! Don't stop, you're on a roll!
    Thank you, Peter. My wife is being uncharacteristically accommodating--the fact that she gave her blessing to post this here was a surprise, actually--and if that continues there will definitely be more along these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Seaman View Post
    This is the first really successful one and the best photo in recent memory on this thread. Most of the nudes have been slavish copies of classics but this one is yours, you own it and it works.
    That's quite a compliment, thank you. There is room for improvement, but it is always a pleasure when the idea I have for a photograph and the resulting image are nearly one and the same.

Jonathan

I admire your adventurous spirit and unique perspective Jonathan. It is very valuable to many here to see your creativity and experimentation each time we view your images.

Thank you for sharing. It is inspiring.

PDM

This is awsome!

Jonathan
    www.christo.stankulov.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christo.Stankulov View Post
    This is awsome!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pdmoylan View Post
    I admire your adventurous spirit and unique perspective Jonathan. It is very valuable to many here to see your creativity and experimentation each time we view your images.

Thank you for sharing. It is inspiring.
    That is an extraordinarily kind and validating thing to say. It means a lot.

Jonathan

I think you are on to something. I like this shot (these shots). Our wives are often so timid so thank your wife for working with you.
    Generalizations are made because they are Generally true...