Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: november portraits

Re: november portraits

Accordionist, your portrait sort of got lost in the fray, but it is very beautiful!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Broadbent View Post
    The harshest criticism is silence - wherever that comes from.
    Well said, Christopher.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sommer View Post
    Accordionist, your portrait sort of got lost in the fray, but it is very beautiful!

Gary
    Exactly what I was thinking, more please!

Fooled around with some paper negs this morning. My son has shown interest and the results w/paper negs come much quicker than film. He developed these with me this morning. Lens is a monster 14" B&L projection lens. The second photo was taken by my son--focus is slightly off but here the DOF is about 1/2 and inch so I cut him some slack.

Did a self in the mirror in my small studio one with my new Fröhlich studio camera Kodak TMX 100 in XTOL 4x5 inch the Telearton at f16 a bit tricky to fokus without any help!
    And yes my assistant the Bron FMII ;--)))

Cheers Armin

Attachment 47712Still learning but it's progress

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarmax View Post
    So on this forum, we only heap praise and let the mediocre think they are great?

4 posts and you make the rules?
    Get outa here.

Shot with a nice French lens that belonged to a photographer's studio from my home town (Perpignan) in the 1950-60s. He dies and I finally met her last week, and she's just as young as in the old days.
    Sounds like the beginning of a love story...

Me by Alex (Eidoscope #2)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
    Shot with a nice French lens that belonged to a photographer's studio from my home town (Perpignan) in the 1950-60s. He dies and I finally met her last week, and she's just as young as in the old days.
    Sounds like the beginning of a love story...

Me by Alex (Eidoscope #2)
    Stephane,

Lovely! But how did you do a self portrait with such shallow of DOF? It's a self portrait, right? Well, I assume Alex is your new love, that exquisite Hermagis Eidoscope #2.

Thanks,
    Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarmax View Post
    So on this forum, we only heap praise and let the mediocre think they are great?
    Dear Group,

I must take a moment to thank everyone for replying to this person's unsolicited armchair comments, whereto I believe you happen to know my emphatic position regarding an unsolicited armchair critic's inability to add value to any thread, or their inability to present an image or have a history that commands respect to validate their critiquing position. My original mission was to make a valid attempt at replying gracefully, and to offer the foolish soul an opportunity to recover from their error, but my mind was changed quickly, and I would like to close the door behind this person with immediate effect. This person triggered in rapid succession a few gross fatal errors, as this person stumbled through our group's front door again, while using a modified name…

His first and most infamous fatal error was to change his group nickname, allowing him to proceed with the comments that he did, while trying to impersonate a new "I did not know" member, which happens to be so prominent within his last reply. This person is an absolute frigging brain-dead fool. How can he not realize that his recognizable signatures abound within the internet, under several different names, and how could this person believe that he would remain invisible? This is an absolutely astonishing unfortunate event with his name wrote all over it. His second fatal error was not knowing or totally forgetting the expertise of the members present and, or how diligent some of us happen to be when it comes to defending a person or persons within the group from idiotic comments, such as his. To those members, I am indebted. His third and most significant fatal error was to address my finished work while employing a covert manner. So, "I will change my name to make a derogatory comment" Ektarmax, please remember the following. I know who you are.

I wonder how you will try to defend your position and how many folks will discuss your failed efforts going forward, because you have just made yourself into a fabulous and very humourous target with your failed credibility, where the world will require very little effort to be made aware of your foolish intentions, your lack of internet talent and, or your very poor and misguided logic. You have surely failed miserably…

For the moment, and I am only suggesting the following, but I believe that you should go home to your other groups, and I would also like to ask you to use your head more intelligently the next time, and I would also like to close this discussion by wishing you better luck among your estranged friends.

jim k