I am going to Singapore and the south island of New Zealand for work, and it looks like I'll have some time off which means renting a car and going to find some nature to take pictures of.

For a couple of days I was planning to take my Fuji GX680, but then I realized that I might be wasting a perfectly good chance to take some 4x5 in the most spectacular nature, and the decision has been made: I'm taking the Sinar.

So.

I'll pack the big bits and pieces in a suitcase and check it, while lenses, meter and film goes with me in the carry-on. Do you have advice on how to pack? The different pieces of the Sinar are so hopelessly awkward. I do not have time to get anything custom made, so I'm going to make this from foam, packing paper and bubble wrap... What are the most fragile bits of a Sinar P besides the glass?

Next, since I don't have a changing tent, what can I use for handling holders and sheets of film in the field? I have 9 holders, and if I'm not wrong they have more than 9 pretty places in New Zealand, so I guess I'll have to load holders on a few occasions.

I hope I can convince all security officers NOT to open the holders/film boxes...

Oh, yes, the most important question: Any recommendations for places to go around Christchurch?