Thread: Newcomer here from South FL

Newcomer here from South FL

Hi!

My name is Robert and im from Miami, FL. I recently got into film (2 years) and shot digital before that. i still shoot digital for work purposes but all film for personal and educational use. I started with a Canon 1V and then got a Mamiya RZ67 which has been my primary camera for about a year, being young (21) i didnt even remember how to load my first roll of film.

Boy have i come a long way. i was referred here from APUG which is a great site but i am in the market for a Wista SP to mate with my SA 75/5.6 so i can get started in 4x5, and boy am i excited. Each day closer to the 30 day period before i can get in the classifieds is nail biting, fleabay's quality is ehhh, i much prefer forum classifieds as i trust them more.

Anyway, ive already looked all over here and am just introducing myself, future LF shooter!!

you can stop by my website if you wish, www.RobertKauffman.net

p.s.- are there any LF shooters here that meet on some sort of basis in the Miami area, i spend A LOT of time int he everglades with my 6x7 and hope to continue doing so with my future 4x5

Re: Newcomer here from South FL

Welcome to group therepy and good luck in your Wista Search! Nice website...see you're into wedding photography, the old standby for the up and comming pro! Got to be too much like work many years ago, so I stopped shooting people!

Thank you and yeah, the weddings fund my film outings. I actually shoot weddings the least, but its much easier to put on the website than scanning film, so the film shots come slowly but surely.

Welcome Robert!

Good to see your B&W work, too. I'd like to see the Everglades someday - from what I've seen it's a rather unique place.

Good luck with your venture (and adventure) into LF - you'll find it becomes a consuming passion.

Baz.