Thread: Screen Dts 1030 problems with negatives

Screen Dts 1030 problems with negatives

hello, i need help with my screen scanner...i have many problems when i work with negatives, i use the module for negatives but the colors are always wrong, i spent almost a week tweaking the values in color control but i can not get a good scan with neutral colors...my negs are 4x5 and 8x10 portra 160nc...please help!

it is possible to scan color negatives with this scanner?? can you tell me how to do it...my results so far are terrible. thanks!

Re: Screen Dts 1030 problems with negatives

Besides this forum, you might want to ask on others as well. There's a dedicated Yahoo group here: http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/Screen1030ai/
    and the Scan Hi-End group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScanHi-End also has many experienced owners.

Kumar

I'm assuming u are using the color neg software? No don't have it installed on my machine yet so I can't scan color negs.

yes i have the software for negatives, but i cant make a decent scan...btw if someone needs software for the 1030 i have all complete.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Gosh, there is a other problem to deal with this thing. It's all about the operator knowing how to operate it right. You definitely need someone in this field who has been working with this machine to train you how to use it with the color neg. I've had this for a few years and hardly use it. I used for the first few months to test it just to get to know the machine and it does give you a great scan . Both color and B&W. Mine came with complete software, manual, and a Mac G3 . Since I don't use it that much I forgot how to work it; everytime I turn it on I have to go through those maual books to refresh my memory.
    Like I said, I don't use it that much so if anyone wants it please contact me, make me an offer, or trade me lenses or a camera. Sorry I can't help you that much, but I understand your frustration.