Thread: Argyle 14 table top camera info?

Argyle 14 table top camera info?

Hi All,
    My first post here. I've been searching around for a place that would understand what the heck I was talking about when I said Arygle 14 table top camera. Hopefully, this is the place.

Anyway, I have an Argyle 14 that is in darn near pristine condition. I personally used it for several years. I purchased it new for a school where I taught graphic arts. I used it there for less than 2 years. After the school tanked, I bought all of the dark room equipment from the school and used it in my own dark room for a couple of years. It was clean regularly and treated with kid gloves.

Long story longer, I no longer have a dark room in my business and I have this beautiful camera (along with a diffusion transfer processor and an old, perfect working, vacuum frame) stored in the back of my shop taking up space.

Is there anyone out there that would still need/want a camera like this? Is there a market place or classified area for people looking to purchase something like this? I would like to sell it and get the space in my shop back.

Before I get flamed, I have not had time to search through every post and comment on this site yet, so please don't bust my grapes if there is a 5 year old post about this subject somewhere on here that I haven't seen.

Drop me a note back if you can help. I appreciate your time.

Thanks!
    Kenny

lafndog@gmail.com

Big Negs Rock!

Re: Argyle 14 table top camera info?

Where are you?
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Woods View Post
    Where are you?
    Seriously! This things are way to big to easily ship, so I'm assuming you'd be dealing with a local buyer...

am wondering if you still have it?...and what lens is on it?... if a 210 computar, or kowa is on it, i would like to buy the lens?. gary alessi

Hi Everyone. Haven't been around here for a couple of days and I didn't realize I'd had replies.

I am in Central illinois, Bloomington area. The lens is a Rodenstock. I'm not interested in tearing it apart. I'm only selling it intact.

I understand that it is too big to ship, but I'm willing to load it up and drive it halfway (within reason) if someone wants to pay for it.

Still looking for someone who can use this beautiful camera. If you are within driving distance of Central Illinois, I'll meet you halfway.

lafndog@gmail.com