Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, everybody! Trondheim, Norway

Re: Hello, everybody! Trondheim, Norway

I cant say for what he does, but when I do it on my epson v600, and stitch together with PS cs5 "panorame tool", I almost always get perfect results, until now, I only had to do some light retouch myself on one scan to make the seem "invisible" =) But of course, you have to have a pretty OK computer to do this with bigger files, aka. high dpi, at least when doing it in tiff =) But it works very well.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Velkommen Tormod!

You've found the right place here.

Quote Originally Posted by pound View Post
    welcome. I like both photos. How difficult it is to stitch the 2 scans into one? will there be uneven light areas at where the 2 scans met?
    I use an app called DoubleTake, which has a few options to fix rotation and exposure problems, but yes, it's important you don't let the scanner make too many decisions on its own. The first couple of attempts there was some kind of auto level thing on, which on one occasion separated two halves of a shot by so much it was pointless. White on one was dark grey on the other.
    There's a function for stitching in Photoshop as well (I use Elements), but it's more automatic and doesn't let me rotate and fiddle as much. And not having any kind of holder or rails or anything on the scanner the two scans are NEVER completely aligned. Plus I think it struggles with the sheer size of those scans, esp. at high resolutions. I get better (and faster) results with DoubleTake. But I'm a complete newb at this, so I'd get advice elsewhere, tbh.

Hi, Ole and taulen. Lots of Noggies here, I see.
    Funny, I can't say I've stumbled upon many LF people walking around. I see the odd Hasselblad/Mamiya or Leica, but guys under dark cloths? Not really. So where are you guys? In your dark rooms?

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Norway is a large country with a small and scattered population, at least the photogenic part of it.

Also - "walking around" and "LF" is a rare combination, at least for those of us who like using big heavy cameras. I do occasionally walk around with a Speed Graphic, but I don't walk far with an 8x10" camera, tripod, holders, lenses and so on!

Quote Originally Posted by Hovmod View Post
    I use an app called DoubleTake...)
    Thanks Tormod. Great.. i may go for the Canonscan 9000f to scan my 4x5 and other 135mm stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by taulen View Post
    I cant say for what he does, but when I do it on my epson v600, and stitch together with PS cs5 "panorame tool", I almost always get perfect results, until now, ....
    orh thanks. will check out if there such a function in my lower version of CS. i like the v750 but cant justify paying for one yet. A canonscan is easier