Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Kodak E6 Kits

Re: R.I.P. Kodak E6 Kits

Well I have confirmation from Kodak that they are in fact discontinued.

Kodaks response to my email inquiry:

"Dear Tony,

Yes, the Kodak Professional E-6 5L Kit was discontinued and is no longer available. This decision was based on the lack of sales of this product. We continue to offer the 10-liter sizes of the Kodak E-6 Chemicals through most dealers of Kodak Professional products. Please be aware that you would also need to use the 1st, CD and Bleach Starters when making your working tank solutions.

Please let us know if you have future questions on this or other of our Kodak Professional products.

Sincerely,

Peter V.
    Kodak Professional
    Technical Support
    800-242-2424 ext. 19"

That's bad news.

Just waiting to be developed..

Thats some bad news Tony. Hopefully they have some left in the pipe.
    Time to stock up while we can. At the 10L prices, it makes sense to buy some of the chemistry in the E6AR cubitaners.
    In the end it would be a little less expensive but not convenient at all.

I wonder if and when Kodak will put the announcement on their site.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

I can definitely confirm that the 5 Liter E-6 kits are gone with no availability
    date from B&H ( someone beat me to the last 2 kits in stock ) Adorama
    has none of the 5 Liter kits too and according to the salesman the haven't had
    them for quite a while, Adorama does seem to have the individual 10 Liter chems.

Well, that seriously sucks. I guess I'll have to be ducking across the border, since most US vendors can't/won't ship chem international (or at heart-attack rates), and they seem very thin on the ground in Canada. I did order a Kodak kit here and got a 'back-order' status, 6-10 days, we'll see; the vendor has done this before and later figured out it was unavailable.

This may be the straw that breaks my back on shooting film. I currently have enough film to get me through the next year and a half to two years, but only enough e-6 chems to develop a third to half of it. I took some time to do some web searches and came up with only 25 gallon chems at Adorama and a few other places that dont ship or had only a couple of the ingredients needed. Is anyone finding suppliers with 10 liter chems availability that either will ship them or is close to the Wash DC area? A digital back on my 4x5 is currently (unfortunately) under investigation.

eric check post number 2. unique photo has 10L chems listed and will ship. Price wise, I think working capacity with the 10L is not much better than the kits. Still looking into storing unmixed chemicals and shelf life. Looking into Fuji-hunt as a possibility. Also considering switching to C-41.

I don't know about the USofA, but over here there's still Tetenal and FujiHunt 5ltr E6 kits. Are these not available over the pond?

I just ordered some kodak 5L kits from Jeff at badger. He doesn't stock it but checked and can order it. All the same I ordered four kits just to play it safe.

I hate to think of not having this available. Eighty percent of my current work is velvia 50.

I looked at the information on the Arista kit and it looks bizarre, no reversal and blix!

www.timeandlight.com

Did you try Samy's, K&S, Bear Images, Gasser, Ace Photo Photo Mark, Tempe Camera, or other professional camera stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Did you try Samy's, K&S, Bear Images, Gasser, Ace Photo Photo Mark, Tempe Camera, or other professional camera stores?
    This is the kind of list that is helpful- none of these folks show up on a google of kodak e-6 (or at least they done show up on the foremost pages where only dealers that are out of materials are the front end results)
    thanks- Ill check into these guys