Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscl. Meniscii

Re: Miscl. Meniscii

Forest, Soft Focus.
    Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 FB VC, image area 16.3cm X 21.2cm, from a 4x5 Tmax100 negative exposed in a Tachihara model 45GF camera with a 300mm f11 single meniscus lens. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

That's wild, Maris!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Maris Rusis View Post

Forest, Soft Focus.
    Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant 111 FB VC, image area 16.3cm X 21.2cm, from a 4x5 Tmax100 negative exposed in a Tachihara model 45GF camera with a 300mm f11 single meniscus lens. Titled and signed recto, stamped verso.
    You can just about fake IR with a treatment like this, nice job Maris.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Thanks Peter De Smidt and scheinfluger_77. I've never been able to get this exact effect again. Soft focus is a crazy mixture of subject, lighting, lens, and aperture; many variables.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

First go with a single meniscus. Found it in some kind of spot light/projector at a second hand shop. I only wish I had managed to save the the l wheel with the stops cut in it.

Aside from some newly arisen development and light leak annoyances I'm quite happy with the result.

Crop from 8x10 paper negative.

~f/7
    8x10 Ilford MGIV RC
    Ilford Universal PQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    David

5 min walk from my place in Oslo, one of the many bridges crossing over the Akerselva (struss pictorial).

Glasses and Pears
    Gelatin-silver photograph on Fomabrom Variant111 FB VC, image area 24.7cm X 19.5cm, from a 8x10 Fomapan 200 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a 400mm single meniscus lens set at f11.

Guro through a P&S Synthetic wide open f/4.5. Light on the face only bounced from a white background, so backlit with crazy glow.
    Using this lens wide open is challenging as any highlight is blown out and turns everything into mush.This is the reason for trying only bounced off light. Next step would be to underexpose slightly...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 31604833240_894b363d5f_c.jpg  

Stephane, I like your soft focus photos.
    I haven't seen your negative, but perhaps rather than less exposure, less development might tame the contrast.

Here's a photo from Imogen Cunningham from 1910 with a gentler but similar lighting to yours if you're looking to refine this.
    http://iphf.org/wp-content/uploads/2...ngham_1910.jpg